Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
www.fringexvo.com
131 Posts
Fringe XVO is proud to announce the soft launch of our exciting new exhaust tip design, the Afterburner Exhaust Tip for the 2009+ GTR 35. This is the first of several innovative and previously non-existent exhaust component products, and GTR owners get the first of the first.

Inspired by jets, these tips are 100% designed by us, laser cut, tig welded (purged when necessary), hand assembled, riveted, and finished right here in beautiful Austin, Texas. They are constructed of 304 stainless steel and their construction is guaranteed for life.

Accuracy, precision, math, and attention to detail...all can be clearly seen in the design and construction of these beautiful pieces. Base price of $400 includes brushed stainless finish, but these can be coated any way you like, including options for two-tone (outer and inner) color combinations.

Located in Austin Texas, Fringe XVO is the experimental vehicle operations division of Fringe Development and is dedicated to designing and manufacturing high quality aftermarket components that meet or exceed OEM standards. XVO develops unique and innovative products that are intended for use in a variety of automotive related applications including motorsports, civilian, commercial, aerospace, and military markets.

If you'd like to purchase a set for your GTR, please go to the website www.fringexvo.com or contact us through the NAGTROC message board. Currently we are working on narrowing down the color selection to 25 options, but for now you can choose from the 6500 available finishes located at www.prismaticpowders.com/colors. Use your imagination! Simply supply the powder code and we can coat your set however you want.

If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected], and as always, please feel free to comment. Thanks, and have a great day!

4 Torca Accuseal exhaust clamps are included.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Cool product, of course its overpriced.

·
www.fringexvo.com
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool product, of course its overpriced.
Glad you like them! The price of these tips is based on our cost to make them, with the aftermarket industry standard mark up built in for us and wholesalers. We are not here to rip people off (do you have any idea what the mark-up is on movie theater popcorn? Wowsa!).

Every other OEM replacement tip we can find starts at $1000 and go upwards to $1750. Those are also Ti or hybrid Carbon fiber/metal tips though, so those prices can make sense. At $400, we figure the Afterburner tips are a steal.

So you want a discount? You got it. We are looking for a few select cars that get public exposure to wear the tips, along with a rear window applique custom tailored to the specific vehicle...and for that I'm willing to offer a deep discount to anyone interested. We would require some sort of proof that XVO will actually get the exposure being promised by the owner of the car, of course. We're open to all kinds of ideas. Any shops out there building a car that is going to auto shows or in mags can have a set for free, with the rear window applique...just pay for shipping.

@AJC: That is coming as soon as possible. Flat black tips will be posted soon, and when we have pics of them on a car, you will too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
@AJC: That is coming as soon as possible. Flat black tips will be posted soon, and when we have pics of them on a car, you will too.
If you want to give a discount for a demo car then I'd happily take some professional pics with them installed on my car..

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would be happy to fit these to my car if you wanted some exposure over in the UK? I am a member of the GTROC and events coordinator for a part of the country so my car gets out and about quite a bit

2010 DMG Premium R35 - SVM 650R (Terminator) inc ID1000 Injectors, GTC Wrapped Downpipes, SVM / GTC Intakes (K&N Filters), SVM Bumper Intakes with mesh, SVM Bov's, SVM / GTC Intercooler Hard Pipe Kit, Milltek 'Y' Pipe, GTC Rear Light Kit, LED's, Valet Magic High Gloss Black Wheels, NIS006 AP & GTC Custom tune, AP Slotted Discs, Carbotech XP12 Pads, Dodson Circlips & Eibach Sway Bars

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Just as well I already have the Akrapovic carbon tips, as I don't think they need a 3rd set of promotional tips this side of the pond!
Very nice though, can't wait to see installed pics.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
North east exposure here in NY.. 1000whp car should be ready soon, just curious if they will fit on a meisterchaft aftermarket exhaust i can't remember if they are removable or not on that system

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you want to market your product better, you would have pics of them on cars.

And if this is your only product line good luck, at $400 bucks for tips I cant see you selling too many.

Yeah, yeah of course you aren't making much on each set. Never, have I heard ANY salesman say "oh, we make a killing on this stuff".

·
Fast GT-R
3,129 Posts
If you want to market your product better, you would have pics of them on cars.

And if this is your only product line good luck, at $400 bucks for tips I cant see you selling too many.

Yeah, yeah of course you aren't making much on each set. Never, have I heard ANY salesman say "oh, we make a killing on this stuff".
Boost Logic Exhaust System..... caugh caugh caugh...

·
www.fringexvo.com
131 Posts
Was thinking the same, but boost logic you can only get tips with the full system, no?
True, or at least it used to be. You'll have to check with them. When the tips were adapted to the muffler section, it was done in such a way that was unique to the system. As far as their present availability through BL, again, you'll have to check with them as I have no idea how many they have left.

We can make these tips apply to just about any size tubing, weld or clamp on, whatever suits your application. Contact us with details if you are interested. Thank you!

·
www.fringexvo.com
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We just completed a test fit to confirm proper fitment on the new 2012 GTR year model, and everything went perfect. We have scheduled a shoot with two Jet Black GTRs that will take place the first weekend of December, so stay tuned for more pictures of the semi-open design in at least 3 different color configurations, including our subtly sexy "Phantom Black" tips.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts