Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
Great pics. I am strongly considering a V10 R8 in the future--how'd you like it? Is it do-able as a daily driver? Would you recommend the auto over the manual? I hear the auto was kinda crap.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did the shop install a clear bra either before the wrap or on top of the wrap? I went and got a quote yesterday and they said that's the best way to do it. It also doubles the price of install so naturally I'm a little skeptical.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Great pics. I am strongly considering a V10 R8 in the future--how'd you like it? Is it do-able as a daily driver? Would you recommend the auto over the manual? I hear the auto was kinda crap.
R tronic is sub par. S tronic is much better.

Manual gated is classic look and feel but not as fast. Very few built with manuals.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I loved the R8 for the attention it got but I find that the GTR is more fun to drive and actually find it faster than the v10 before I got mods done. I actually daily drove the r8 and used it to get to my client as well. I put about 25000 km on it in one year and it was so easy to drive around. I daily drove it cause I spit with the X and she took my daily which was a Prius lol. As for manual I never drove one so I can't compare it.

I switched to the GTR also because I needed the back seats for when I needed to pick up my daughter and still wanted a car in the "super car" class and also to have something you wouldn't see to often on the road.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did the shop install a clear bra either before the wrap or on top of the wrap? I went and got a quote yesterday and they said that's the best way to do it. It also doubles the price of install so naturally I'm a little skeptical.
Naw they didn't ... Never even occurred to me you could do it. I don't see how a clear bra would really help with a wrap. I think it's just a wast of money if you were to do it.

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
I loved the R8 for the attention it got but I find that the GTR is more fun to drive and actually find it faster than the v10 before I got mods done. I actually daily drove the r8 and used it to get to my client as well. I put about 25000 km on it in one year and it was so easy to drive around. I daily drove it cause I spit with the X and she took my daily which was a Prius lol. As for manual I never drove one so I can't compare it.

I switched to the GTR also because I needed the back seats for when I needed to pick up my daughter and still wanted a car in the "super car" class and also to have something you wouldn't see to often on the road.
Thanks! So, you S Tronic? Or R Tronic? What year was yours?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts