Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, better late than never. I guess it only took me 8 years to jump on the band waggon, now I hope that it was all worth it and to remain a GTR for life enthusiast.

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
Welcome! I'm from Somerset, just over the MA border! What part of RI are you in?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update. Just received the car out of the trailer and could tell one of the reverse light bulbs was out. There was also a code light, indicating low tire pressure. Parked the car in the garage and listened to some tunes while going over instrumentation. Filled rear tires up to 30psi, as they were in the 25 range. Low pressure tire Code light went away after filling them up to 30. Then pulled led reverse light bulb out, and it was burnt. Cleaned it up and put it back in, in case I could get it going again. Then turned car on and noticed it started to sputter and couldn't put car into reverse to check bulbs. Turned car off and noticed fuel gauge was reading very low. My instrumentation panel wasn't lighting up anymore indicating odometer readout or any other lights. Figured it needed gas, so went and purchased a container and 2 gallons worth. Filled it up, car still won't start. Thinking maybe its a battery issue, so took battery out of another car and jumped it. It started it up, but reverse still couldn't be engaged and the car still didn't idle right. After going over manual, I understand that it won't go into reverse if battery is drained. Didn't know this was a thing. Funny that no light was on for dying or dead battery. So now I have to go buy another battery, replace it and hope all other things fall into place and work ok. Welcome to the GTR life, hope it only gets better from here. Anyone know the life expectancy of these batteries?

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
Sorry to hear of the troubles right away.

The GTR has a VERY small battery. It is actually the same size battery that Honda Civic's from the mid 90's took. They drain down very easily, and have a rather short life expectancy compared to other cars (Although on a 2016, it would still be considered very premature, your car must have been sitting for a while). For the sake of convenience, pop over to your local GTR approved NIssan dealer, I think that would be Inskip in Warwick for you and buy a battery. Hopefully that'll solve your issues. Alternatively, give them a call first with your VIN, perhaps it is still even under warranty being your car is a 2016 (I don't know what Nissan's battery warranty is?)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, looked it up and per the manual the battery is under warranty. I took it out and Im having it brought to Belise in Warwick. Def not a good start, but Im still loving the car. Hope its all but good feelings going forward. Ill update if the car comes out of park with the new battery. Thank you.

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
I don't think your going to have any luck bringing them a "loose" battery without the car getting it warrantied. Call them and ask what to do, most likely they'll need to tow it there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Page 30 of the GTR Warranty manual states the following: " In order to obtain warranty service, you must deliver the warranted battery or the vehicle in which the battery is installed to an authorized Nissan dealer in the U.S." Guess what, you're correct. They told my girl that I'd have to tow the car to get warrantied. Paid the $132 and left. Will install tonight. Not exactly caring for SpeedCraft Nissan right now. It would have been way too much to tow it, plus the car won't disengage Park, I'd have to figure out a way to disable it from Park into Neutral. Again, I'm still hoping my experience will get better, but this feels like birth by fire... :)

2,115 Posts
Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your troubles. I do hope things get better for you :) Congrats on your Black Edition!!

Best Regards,

DCTMS // Josh V.

[email protected]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looking for help. Replaced battery, car powers up no problem now. Only problem is that I cant move car out of park.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts