Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I just fitted the bumper and had my gf take it for a drive so I could see how it looked rolling, she drove it with out any intercooler. Everything seem fine so far.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
oh, it's a right hand drive! Very cool. This thing came together pretty fast. What color will you end up with? Wrap or full paint job?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
oh, it's a right hand drive! Very cool. This thing came together pretty fast. What color will you end up with? Wrap or full paint job?
It did take a few months to complete chassis work. I did plan to go with bayside blue but I'm liking the pearl white so I'll stick with that. I may wrap it later on but haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I tried sourcing a RHD dashboard and March is the earliest I can get one in from Japan so I decided to fix this myself temporary for now until I can get a new one.
Motor vehicle Blue Automotive design Automotive exterior Engineering
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Hood Asphalt
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood
Hood Blue Automotive tire Azure Vehicle registration plate
Water Automotive tire Hood Road surface Asphalt
Land vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Brother you did a lot of work on a salvage car was it worth vs buying a used car?
The plan was buy it at a low cost repair it and spend the extra money on making power as I do plan to race it, so I hopefully I can have a 1000hp car for the same or close to the price for a used one stock. This car has just over 6,000 miles (less than 10,000 kilo).

So far it looks achievable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Grille

Just a photo of the Depo headlights installed. Presently waiting on the paint shop to finish up the paint job.

Here is a list of parts that I've ordered so far;

Cobb carbon fiber intake
3.5" down pipes
HKS exhaust
flex fuel kit
SBD race intercooler
SBD full piping kit
Tial blow off valves
speed density conversion kit
walbro 450 and 480 fuel pumps
ID1700x injectors
T-rex Tech multifunction display
Custom Diamond floor mats
and a few carbon fiber parts and air bag stuff.

I will need to order all EcuTech system and that should complete the FBO phase. If all goes well should receive all parts within two weeks to continue the build.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Wow you are doing a really great job! To get to 1000hp have you decided on which turbos? And any plans for upgraded engine or transmission work?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Wow you are doing a really great job! To get to 1000hp have you decided on which turbos? And any plans for upgraded engine or transmission work?
For the tranny I plan on going with Jacks "S800 in a box" package and looking to get the Omega 13 turbo kit from AMS with the G-900 but not confirmed on that as yet.

I plan to rebuild the motor myself with Manley pistons and rods with A625 head studs. Based on my research thats the only things needed to be done to the motor for it to be reliable at 1000hp.

Unless I'm missing something.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
How much torque will you be running at 1000 hp? And how much can the Jack's 800 tranny handle? That was the issue I had with my trans when I bought it with the SP Engineering 800 kit. With E85, too much torque for the trans to handle, which was stupid since it was built with the flex fuel as a part of it.

So now I am always concerned that the trans can support the torque for a build. I went with the shep 1K to make sure I would not have trans issues in the future.

So you are going with the white pearl color? That is a very pretty color and looks great.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Solid choice to go with the pearl white. It is stunning. Great work so far! Ecutek is a solid platform you will do great with it.
I am a bit worried about the s800 box vs just going Shep 1k and be done with it. But we'll see :)
Great work so far!!

21 - 40 of 63 Posts