Nissan GT-R Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I will look into adding the 2 -6 gear set and 18 plate clutch set to the package. I sent in an enquiry but haven't heard from them as yet. I also tried calling yesterday but didn't get through.
Hope I get a response in the coming week.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Did a quick fit up only the front lip is left to install but so far looking pretty good, I didn't fully install the bumper as I'll have to remove it to install intercooler and piping when they arrive.

I also did a scan and clear some DTC so no more check engine light for now.

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Grille Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Car
Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Gauge Car

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
A close up on the hood, fender, bumper and lights that lines up pretty well and this is not the final fitment. The green masking tape I used to prevent any potential scratch when installing bumper.

Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,759 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I want to go ahead and order the Sir stage 3 V2 turbo kit. I chose it due to the price, spool characteristics and hp goals. I'll think about it for a few days before ordering.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I recommend checking out Linney. He has great turbokits at reasonable prices. UK based company.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I run that setup on my stock motor and made [email protected] on 93 pump gas.

SIR Gen2 GTX3071r Dyno Results - Stock block/trans on...
I read through your entire build post and learned a lot about these motors from which you also motivated me to do this build thread. I have a Subaru sti and an evo lll that I race, both fully built and tuned by me with good results. Will be selling both cars in the near future and try the GTR platform.

Thanks again for posting these very informative info.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I read through your entire build post and learned a lot about these motors from which you also motivated me to do this build thread. I have a Subaru sti and an evo lll that I race, both fully built and tuned by me with good results. Will be selling both cars in the near future and try the GTR platform.

Thanks again for posting these very informative info.
I think you'll regret selling the EVO just as I regret selling my 91 NSX. I love my GTR and it's quick, but driving my EVO IX is its own unique experience. Even though the NSX was a slow turd, it was a beautiful car and you just don't see them anymore, which I imagine holds true for an EVO III.

Since you read my threads you understand the GT30r turbos and larger in the stock manifold suffer from boost creep so I recommend sending your turbofolds to GreggsCustoms to have the wastegates CNC ported and larger pucks installed prior to sending to SIR.

Reactions: gtrbillet

·
Registered
718 Posts
I think you'll regret selling the EVO just as I regret selling my 91 NSX. I love my GTR and it's quick, but driving my EVO IX is its own unique experience. Even though the NSX was a slow turd, it was a beautiful car and you just don't see them anymore, which I imagine holds true for an EVO III.

Since you read my threads you understand the GT30r turbos and larger in the stock manifold suffer from boost creep so I recommend sending your turbofolds to GreggsCustoms to have the wastegates CNC ported and larger pucks installed prior to sending to SIR.
Ya, I pretty much regret all the cars/stuff I sold while climbing the ladder. shoulda just kept them/it. In the end made no diff to sell….

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Ya, I pretty much regret all the cars/stuff I sold while climbing the ladder. shoulda just kept them/it. In the end made no diff to sell….
Just too expensive having two race/street(drag racing) cars and so much spare parts associated with them, the last time I checked and I have 4 spare turbos for them, blocks, heads etc. so hopefully I can have just one I can drive to the track run some decent times and drive home. The Evo3 is a trailer queen totally not streetable and the Subaru is full weight with A/C sound system and all but prone to braking something every few months. I have a SUV as my daily driver.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

What's the cost to get it done, I'm not too worried about the boost creep but should benefit from the reduced backpressure.

You did mention in one of your post that he did a good job modifying your bell housing. What's the cost on that and is it still holding up well.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
What's the cost to get it done, I'm not too worried about the boost creep but should benefit from the reduced backpressure.

You did mention in one of your post that he did a good job modifying your bell housing. What's the cost on that and is it still holding up well.
Please PM gtrbillet for a formal price quote, but I believe the wastegate mod was around $500. There is special tooling that was made to remove the wastegate actuator arm, which has to be taken out for both the CNC porting/unshrouding as well as when you send it to SIR to have the turbofold machined for the stainless steel sleeve. This also included the larger custom inconel wastegate puck.

Table Rectangle Wood Floor Automotive exterior

Household hardware Gas Auto part Metal Rim

Blue Machine tool Wood Gas Machine

Regarding the bellhousing mod, I believe that was around $600 (can't specifically remember) and I have not had any issues thus far. He shortens the driveshaft flange and then floats the rear bearing with his own custom setup so it can't take any thrust loads as well as replaces the front bearing with a new OEM equivalent since its just a standard bearing. The cost is half of what ATR charges so I definitely didn't mind being a beta tester for his work since I have a lift.

Reactions: Gdzilla_

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
240Z, what bellhousing mod are you referencing?
I don't want to highjack this thread on a tangent subject, but that is in reference to the infamous bellhousing rattle that plague GTR's. Nissan has revised the bellhousing several times, but it doesn't seem to resolve the issue. ATR modifies the bellhousing for $1350 by upgrading the bearings to ones that take higher thrust loads and also shortens the driveshaft flange. I had GreggsCustoms do a similar mod for $600 except he floats the rear bearing so it can't fail from thrust loads and he also shortens the driveshaft flange, but retains a new OEM front bearing. I suppose he could swap in a bearing that can take a higher thrust load, but in theory once you sufficiently shorter the driveshaft flange you eliminate the thrust loads.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I test fitted a pair of light weight 11.5 x 18" rims to see how they fit before getting slicks for the rear. had to grind a bit off a bolt to get more clearance.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

41 - 60 of 63 Posts