Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I got emboldened by my track abuse of my GT-R and continued "good" fluid analyses. It appears that tracked, our front differentials and their fluids are not as fragile as orignally thought. This is over ONE YEAR of multiple trackdays on the front differential fluid.

Wow!

I thought it would be worse. This is a custom cocktail of OEM oil, WillAll, Motul, and Mobil-1. They all appear to me to be great fluids, but with differing chemical theories, all valid. Quite a result, IMHO.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Great result for you Shawn, BUT it is a custom fluid so don't know how one year of usage on the OEM and/or other brands used alone might look? Your thoughts?
Bish

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great result for you Shawn, BUT it is a custom fluid so don't know how one year of usage on the OEM and/or other brands used alone might look? Your thoughts?
Bish
Based on what I can tell, the WillAll is the most durable, while the Motul runs an EXTREMELY close second. I'll bet the Motul would run a year, while the WillAll could probably run two years of track days, without change.

The OEM is third, but with a slightly slipperier formula, likely to reduce diff chatter and bind. It would last a little less than a year at full lubriciy, while still being fully at tolerance limits even at or a little over a year.

Last is the Mobil-1. It will have to have a "limited slip" additive added, the highest quality of which is a GM additive that can be purchased at the Chevy dealer. Run of the mill will be off the shelf at the auto parts store. At $14.50-$17.50 per quart, this is the most economical, and if you're going to change it every other oil change, should do just fine if you're trying to save money.

Shawn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts