Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,231 Posts
you could probably have a body shop just blend in the paint right there for fairly cheap (KAE) color code.. then stick a stillen lip protector on there and call it a day

·
Founder/Admin
26,231 Posts
http://www.stillen.c...rbd1&c=ex&m=all

that lip protector?

do you think if I just have them blend in the paint ... it would look ok?
yeah i mean for that size it should be fine... i had a place on the front bumper of a 350z that they blended in and just kind of burnt the clear coat in around that area... you really couldnt tell and it cost me like $100.... i think especially down there on the lip it should be fine... you can of course have them do the whole lip if you want it to be perfect but if you just wanted something quick and cheaper i would have them touch it up then get some type of lip guard

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i mean for that size it should be fine... i had a place on the front bumper of a 350z that they blended in and just kind of burnt the clear coat in around that area... you really couldnt tell and it cost me like $100.... i think especially down there on the lip it should be fine... you can of course have them do the whole lip if you want it to be perfect but if you just wanted something quick and cheaper i would have them touch it up then get some type of lip guard
thanks man thats what I will do

·
The lonely R35
121 Posts
Read the instructions and I take it that 'both' lip spoiler and lip guard require holes drilling on the oem bumper?

·
Founder/Admin
26,231 Posts
Read the instructions and I take it that 'both' lip spoiler and lip guard require holes drilling on the oem bumper?
yeah they do.... but your just drilling up into the bottom of the lip under the car for the protector i was a little hesitant at first to do it..but after the first scew was through it didnt bother me.... we test fitted it with just the 3M tape and i didnt feel it would stay as the lip protector is alot thicker than you think and has a bit of weight to it...... the holes are recessed so its not like the screw stick out at all... it looks like its supposed to be there from the factory

here i took this pic as we were putting it on

·
The lonely R35
121 Posts
I see, thanks for the photo. Mind if I ask if they need to be removed for oil change. I know for sure MY09 requires the removal of the underpanel.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
I see, thanks for the photo. Mind if I ask if they need to be removed for oil change. I know for sure MY09 requires the removal of the underpanel.
There are access holes in it that allow you to remove the factory panels for an oil change.

·
Registered
705 Posts
where would you guys recommend getting the front lip fixed in Socal? I have similar Damage. probably a little more..

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
I have more damage on that part . I will leave it as noone is going to look under my car except me. too many bumps/ramps over here.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Had the same problem. I scraped the lip almost the first day i got the car getting a little to close to a curb. Had my body shop sand it out and paint the lower lip flat black.Now i carry a can of flat black paint and when i scrape the bottom lip which will happen i guarantee,all i do is get a soft rag,spray the rag with the flat black paint and rub the area with the rag and the small scratches disappear..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts