Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
some one please help!!!
My GT-R has a strange rattle sound in the front suspension when i drive thru small bumps and irregular roads. it sounds like if there was a loose strud or bar in the front left area of the suspension but my mechanic has checked everything and everywhere and nothing is loose......break calipers and pads are tight, shock absorber and shock bushings are not broken or loose.
has anyone had this kind of problem?
it's driving me nuts and if there's one thing i hate on a car is to hear a noise or rattle that makes me feel that something is loose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brakes were checked completly. that was the first suspition we had but everything was checked and nothing was loose. we reinstalled all brakes and still rattle persists.
could it be the rack & pinion(steering connection)????

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
I just noticed this on mine about 2 months ago.

I only notice it on the left, and it's not constant. Weird.

Hard to describe. Sounds like a lose sway bar link or something (not suggesting that's what it is, but I've had a lose sway bar bolt on another car, and the sound AND cause of the sound is similar).

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
Check your endlinks. The sound is magnified in the cabin and very hard to detect when the car is on a lift. Easy test: disconnect endlinks, secure sway bar with nylon ties, letting it dangle with not contact to suspension, then drive the car over some uneven surfaces. If the car is quiet, you identified the source.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay. I will try this test. one question.....if this is the cause how do you recommend to fix it?
thanks in advance for your great help!!!
sincerely,

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Check your endlinks. The sound is magnified in the cabin and very hard to detect when the car is on a lift. Easy test: disconnect endlinks, secure sway bar with nylon ties, letting it dangle with not contact to suspension, then drive the car over some uneven surfaces. If the car is quiet, you identified the source.
Are you suggesting this, because you experienced this? Or are you just offering a method to troubleshoot the end links?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
okay. I will try this test. one question.....if this is the cause how do you recommend to fix it?

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
I experienced it. I replaced the endlinks which were more than 2 years/20k miles/many track days old.

My car is now as quiet as it was when brand new.

Do the test first to confirm this is the issue. Easy-peasey.

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
I replaced the links which solved my problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.