Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

It is with regret that I am selling my wheels. They are the same wheels that broke multiple records at the drag strip. Also the same wheels that broke the GT-R 9 second barrier. I bought them from AMS. They were taken from the white Alpha 9 car. I used them for the month of July by street racing in the streets of Mexico and I used them for 2 passes at the drag strip.

SETUP:
Wheels Volk TE37
Front: 18X9.5 +22
Rear: 18X10.5 +15

Tires - Mickey Thompson Dr's
Front: 265/40/18
Rear: 305/35/18

NOTE: The above pics are from AMS. The pictures that I attached with the wheels mounted on the black car are the pictures of the wheels when they were in my possession. They were cleaned and stored in my garage when I unmounted them in July.

The tire threads are probably good for another 2 or more days of 1/4 mile tracking at the drag strip. I used them for a whole month on the car and drove maybe 300 miles total with them on as well as the 2 passes (I got banned from the track so I couldn't run anymore and never went back). The wheels are in the same condition I bought them in since I didn't put much street miles on them. Minor curb rash and one of the stickers has a scratch on it. AMS made me promise not to replace the sticker with a new one because it was part of the good luck that these wheels bring LOL. The wheels sure have brought me good luck though since I never lost 1 race. They were a bit of a secret to my car and a good reason why I would always win. 100% traction

I would love to keep these wheels to use them on another GT-R if I buy one in the future or just to keep them in my garage as my own personal collectors item since they have served me so well.

Again, these wheels are a part of GT-R history. They helped launch the first GT-R into the 9's as well as breaking 11 more records total. I was shooting for stock transmission record this fall/winter, but alas, my car got totaled and I never got a chance for the cool weather and the track rentals.

Price: $3,000 plus shipping for all 4 wheels with the tires mounted. Please PM me if interested!

Thanks and best of luck to the new owner!

PS: THANK YOU AMS AND FRANK (A.K.A. DRAGO) FOR THE WHEELS IN THE FIRST PLACE. I PROMISED TO KEEP IT IN THE GT-R FAMILY AND HOPEFULLY A NAGTROC MEMBER WILL SCOOP THEM UP AND KEEP THE LEGEND RUNNING...

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
you have 2 screen names eh?

I always wondered about that :)

Sean

·
THAT GUY
4,775 Posts
These are the Famous Jon/Turbo wheels,more records have been set on these wheels than any other set of wheels out there.Who ever gets these wheels will be owning a piece GTR history.GLWS

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are the Famous Jon/Turbo wheels,more records have been set on these wheels than any other set of wheels out there.Who ever gets these wheels will be owning a piece GTR history.GLWS
Thanks for that, Tim. If you know anybody that wants them since they are a big part of GT-R history themselves and they have been a special tool to AMS then let me know! I'd much rather pass them to somebody who is going to USE them for what they were made for.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Well, that was quick!

SOLD!!! To a good Nagtroc member who will be making plenty of use of these badboys at the drag strip and in Mexico ;)

He is picking them up tomorrow so after tomorrow this post can be removed. Thanks.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WHEELS ARE OFFICIALLY SOLD. CONGRATS TO THE NEW OWNER! PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE LOSING LOTS OF MONEY ON THE STREETS OF MEXICO ;-)

Best of luck with the new wheels. Let the legacy live on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.