Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Bought in 9/2014, mainly used for autox (about 40-50 runs) so far. I only drive the car to events, so street mile is probably just about 200 miles total.

Reason selling: Bought a set of RS3 to try
Condition: Roughly about 4/32 left. Brand new are 7.2/32. So still a lot of life left and they wear very well.
Shipping: No, too expensive.

These are good tires for the track and autox. The sidewall are stiff compared to most street tires. Takes heat better than other street tires too. The wear is exceptional. I am only switching because I compete seriously and want to try another tire.

I just drove onto a dirt driveway, so the tires are covered in grits, no, I didn't use the tires for rallying.

Tire 1:

Tire 2:

Tire 3:

Tire 4:

Tire 1-3:

Tire 4:

·
Registered
549 Posts
How did you like the square setup?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you like the square setup?
That's how it should have come straight from Nissan. 255 is just too narrow for the front end to turn well. The balance of the grip is much better running 285 all around. You lose a little bit of steering response (i.e. less "feel") because the same front wheel is now supporting a wider tire, but it's not something that I would worry too much given the advantage of the 285. The sidewall of the Rival is also stiffer than other street tires, so you won't feel it too much.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump. Will only sell local. Tried to ship them out but shipping is too much, so not worth it for either the buyer or seller.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump

1 - 8 of 8 Posts