Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have dirty fuel filters in my tank, the pumps can't enough fuel flow for even 1.5bar boost.
I'd like buy new in tank filters but Nissan not sale separately, just with pumps unit.
Anyone experinece with fuel filter change?
I have dual Aeromotive 340LPH now, maybe ethanol washed down the black paint from pumps, or other, but now I have not enough fuel flow for higher boost than 1.4bar.
I'll install new walbro 450LPH E85 pumps soon, but not enough free space in the pump house for walbro's filter.

·
7.9 @ 175mph (Gen 3 SBD1400R)
8,564 Posts
I hear you. I've experienced this myself. I pulled the filters and cleaned them outside surface as best I could.

There might be aftermarket filters that are OEM replacements....but if there are, I'm not aware of them.

Perhaps another vendor could chime in.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I modify the 90 degree pressed fitting and mount some cadillac strainers in there. Works like a charm everytime. Just go to the autoparts store get friendly with the guy over the counter and he will let you check in his inventory to find something nice.

I think the strainers i use are for the cadi seville or something.

Attachments

·
7.9 @ 175mph (Gen 3 SBD1400R)
8,564 Posts
I modify the 90 degree pressed fitting and mount some cadillac strainers in there. Works like a charm everytime. Just go to the autoparts store get friendly with the guy over the counter and he will let you check in his inventory to find something nice.

I think the strainers i use are for the cadi seville or something.
Interesting....

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had to figure out something with all the $hit we get with our fuel in Greece bud. I have openned so many baskets and found so much crap in there, I had to ditch the stock paper strainers to the bin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.