Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to uninstall the fuel tank components a few times during the last few days to install new hoses and solve out some issues within the system. Long story short now my fuel level gauge is not reading properly. It reads 3/4 while the metal wire on it is at the lowest position and reads gradually towards full as i raise that wire. Anyone know if there is a way to re-calibrate this level gauge in the tank or do i have to replace with a new unit ?

thx for your answers.

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Caglar,

Are you checking both sending units? There is one on either side and my techs are telling me that if one is reading full and the other is reading empty it will more than likely register over a 1/2 tank of fuel and 3/4 would not be out of the question. The two sending units work in series so if each sending unit puts say 60 ohms at the full mark it will tell the gauge that at 120Ohms to register full.

Also be careful that the floater is not getting hung up on fuel lines/ wiring. we have seen that happen a couple of times with fuel system installs done by customers.

Feel free to call in or email directly Caglar and I can put you on the phone with a Tech here to troubleshoot for you.

Eric

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Eric,

i think ur quite right about those points. i suspect the other side is reading full. gonna check it tomorrow and will give u a call if it doesnt work out that way as well.

thx for the support, much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.