Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best fuel pump recommendations for a stock turbo E85 tune with all the bolt ons?
I'm looking for something thats
1) easy to install (minimal labor) i.e. drop ins
2) reasonable cost
3) sufficient fuel flow for E85 tune on stock turbos

Also, any idea where to find the best deal?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I would recommend my 270lph pumps, direct drop in, Proven in over 40 GT-R's (80+ pumps with 0 failures, and several hundred in other cars), and proven to make over 720whp (Mustang dyno) with E85.

Retail price is $299.95 for the pumps, PM me or the vendor of your choice that sells the pumps.

·
You can sleep in your car, but you can't race
353 Posts
Drop in pumps wouldn't be necessary for 93 octane with 1000 injectors would it?
I got the injectors for safety factor, but thought stock pumps could handle <580whp
Am I correct?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would recommend my 270lph pumps, direct drop in, Proven in over 40 GT-R's (80+ pumps with 0 failures, and several hundred in other cars), and proven to make over 720whp (Mustang dyno) with E85.

Retail price is $299.95 for the pumps, PM me or the vendor of your choice that sells the pumps.
Thanks Bill and Dave. I got your PM Dave.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The Fuel pumps are straightforward, and is 20-40 minutes of work to swap. The fuel injectors are a 2-3hr deal requiring the removal of the upper intake plenum. Nothing too hard, just time consuming.
If you have never replaced fuel pumps or intake manifolds I would recommend taking it to a mechanic. If you have some experience, take a look at the install guides and see what you think. I put in my fuel pumps personally and had my injectors installed professionally.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Fuel pumps are straightforward, and is 20-40 minutes of work to swap. The fuel injectors are a 2-3hr deal requiring the removal of the upper intake plenum. Nothing too hard, just time consuming.
If you have never replaced fuel pumps or intake manifolds I would recommend taking it to a mechanic. If you have some experience, take a look at the install guides and see what you think. I put in my fuel pumps personally and had my injectors installed professionally.
I'm thinking of doing the same as you. Fuel pumps in my garage but injectors by a pro.

Can you install injectors and fuel pumps without a tune and Without Cobb AP installed and drive it to the tuning shop? I'm trying to install as much as I can in my garage to reduce labor costs and because I Love working on my cars and motorcycle. (within my reasonable abilities).

·
O_o
1,656 Posts
I have bills drop in pumps and they are a very easy installation and very quiet

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I'm thinking of doing the same as you. Fuel pumps in my garage but injectors by a pro.

Can you install injectors and fuel pumps without a tune and Without Cobb AP installed and drive it to the tuning shop? I'm trying to install as much as I can in my garage to reduce labor costs and because I Love working on my cars and motorcycle. (within my reasonable abilities).
Yes you can install them, the car will run rich and attempt to correct, I do NOT recommend driving the car like that other than to the tuner out of boost, it is best if your tuner can email you a map to get to the dyno, if you can't get a map the car will still run.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
have you heard of any failures with Deatschwerks pumps?
I had a customer have a Deatchworks 300lph fail. But full disclosure, He did not test the pump outside of the car, it was just sent back, but new pumps solved the problem.

Also the Deatchwerks 300LPH units are not direct fit. The new 265lph 65c (65mm size) pumps are direct fit.

I test my pumps before they leave. I have tested over 700 pumps in the past year, and so far only had 1 bad one out of the box, and zero failures once they passed my testing.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
yeah the reason i asked is because I picked up the 65c's , i was planning on doing the BNR turbos this summer..
I have not flowed both of them at the same time, but the data suggests they are similar in flow. They will outflow 1000cc or 1150cc injectors, so unless you need 2000cc injectors, you don't need more pump than the 65c or my 270LPH Drop In.

Wait till you see results before you buy. My stage 1 an stage 2 turbos, will have data very very soon. Personally I would not make a $4-5,000 purchase without a dyno graph and preferably track results.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.