Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Fuel System Limit?

5K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  JohnnyTSi 
#1 ·
Wassup guys Fuel system question. What kind of power can the Visconti dual 485’s hardwired realistically support on e85?

I’m on stock rails, FPR and stock lines with ID1700’s. (I can’t imagine I’m running out of injector)

WGP motor, shep 2.5 trans with stage 3 SIR turbos Linney Tuned.
Around 25psi boost they are around 85% duty cycle. (Very on the edge I know) and Linney Rightfully won’t add any boost
Was fail safing but the post filter was clogged up solid so replaced that and no more fail safe.

Previous owner did the mods and I believe the fuel pumps are not up to the task.

Im assuming the high duty cycle is due to loss of fuel pressure and the injectors picking up the slack.

I’ve been told the stock lines/rails aren’t an issue under 1k. My goal is mid 900’s. I’m probably looking at a new fuel system.
I come from the LS world where with a fore innovations fuel system and ID1050’s were good for 750wheel on E85 so forgive me for some ignorance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wassup guys Fuel system question. What kind of power can the Visconti dual 485’s hardwired realistically support on e85?

I’m on stock rails, FPR and stock lines with ID1700’s. (I can’t imagine I’m running out of injector)

Around 25psi boost they are around 85% duty cycle. (Very on the edge I know) and Linney Rightfully won’t add any boost
Was fail safing but the post filter was clogged up solid so replaced that and no more fail safe.

Previous owner did the mods and I believe the fuel pumps are not up to the task.

Im assuming the high duty cycle is due to loss of fuel pressure and the injectors picking up the slack.

I’ve been told the stock lines/rails aren’t an issue under 1k. My goal is mid 900’s. I’m probably looking at a new fuel system.
I come from the LS world where with a fore innovations fuel system and ID1050’s were good for 750wheel on E85 so forgive me for some ignorance.
Dual, Genuine Walbro/Ti 485`s will NOT be maxed at mid 900 whp. Have been 700 whp with a single 525 on E85. Think you should at least manage 1200-1300 whp.
I believe your 1700 injectors will support up to about max 1100 whp running E85. (based on another brand 6 cyl I tuned yesterday with 875 cc injectors and E85, they where pretty much done at closer to 550 whp)

#3 ·

Dual, Genuine Walbro/Ti 485`s will NOT be maxed at mid 900 whp. Have been 700 whp with a single 525 on E85. Think you should at least manage 1200-1300 whp.
I believe your 1700 injectors will support up to about max 1100 whp running E85. (based on another brand 6 cyl I tuned yesterday with 875 cc injectors and E85, they where pretty much done at closer to 550 whp)
through stock rails, lines and fpr??
How can I tell if they are genuine or not?

#4 ·
I have seen other reaching 1300 whp on stock lines running E85, but I think you should wait for someone who actually knows the limit chime in. Limit of FPR, is how much it will be able to bypass. Say if you enable triple 535 pumps at full voltage and engine at idle, fpr wont be able to bypass the fuel and pressure will rise. If you stage them, or use pwm to lower voltage at low load, it shouldnt be a problem.
If you Google fake Walbro, I think you should be able to find it. There are also a lot of fake Bosch 044 out there.
Anyway, your dual 485`s and ID1700 should be well within your goal of 950 whp.

#10 ·
I’d say no issue at all, but I did run fuel rails with twin Walbros back in the day (@ 9 years ago) on ID 2000 on a built A9 and trapped 151-153 mph (1000 dynojet).

You are hard wired right?

And I’ve never heard of fake walbros - that’s pretty shady and could be catastrophic on a build.

Can always run a single brushless as an option.

#11 ·
I’d say no issue at all, but I did run fuel rails with twin Walbros back in the day (@ 9 years ago) on ID 2000 on a built A9 and trapped 151-153 mph (1000 dynojet).

You are hard wired right?

And I’ve never heard of fake walbros - that’s pretty shady and could be catastrophic on a build.

Can always run a single brushless as an option.
Yes sir I am hardwired with the Visconti setup. I’ve heard of fake walbros but never experienced them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.