Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Apologies if this has been covered a dozen times. I performed a number of searches and read a lot of threads but couldn't find my question answered.

I have snapped up an exhaust at a price I couldn't refuse, however for the time being it'll be a month or two before I can spare the additional $1500 or so for a COBB NIS006 (thank you Christmas expenditure!).

The exhaust parts in question are:
- Downpipes
- Midpipe
- Cat-back

If I were to install all 3 of these with the factory computer in place, will it throw fault codes / enter limp mode, or run dangerously lean?

The car is an Australian delivered CBA-R35, always run on 98RON from the pumps. Completely stock at the moment.

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Guys,

Apologies if this has been covered a dozen times. I performed a number of searches and read a lot of threads but couldn't find my question answered.

I have snapped up an exhaust at a price I couldn't refuse, however for the time being it'll be a month or two before I can spare the additional $1500 or so for a COBB NIS006 (thank you Christmas expenditure!).

- Downpipes
- Midpipe
- Cat-back

If I were to install all 3 of these with the factory computer in place, will it throw fault codes / enter limp mode, or run dangerously lean?

The car is an Australian delivered CBA-R35, always run on 98RON from the pumps. Completely stock at the moment.

Under full losd the car will hit over boost with the down pipes on.

You can install the midpipe and rear exhaust section without a tune.

Make sure you install upgraded injectors when doing the downpipes - you'll need the extra fueling!

I would suggest SIR1000 injectors and while your in there I would finish it off with a set of GotBoost intakes ;)

The Cobb nis006 is no longer $1500!

Both the Cobb NIS-006 & the EcuTek are $1295

Let me know if you have anymore questions

John

·
Registered
154 Posts
John, Ben - Much appreciated!

Saved me a number of headaches as I was going to install the whole thing at once.

Next items on the shopping list are the ECU, Intakes, and SiR Injector / Fuel pump kit!

·
FDZ-GTR
998 Posts
More people are familure with the 1000cc injectors and in turn tune better. tuned they both work well

I also have 1050cc option that I'm releasing along side 2 larger options. I these injectors are better technically.
The 1050s are better? I think I'm at overkill with the 1150 injectors?? I do not have any plans on upgrading turbos so I just want what's needed to decrease the smoke from the 1150

·
Vendor
642 Posts
You will get a light in the dash on from the downpipes, I suggest you do a custom tune or Cobb. If we can be of assistance let us know

Guys,

- Downpipes
- Midpipe
- Cat-back

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The 1050s are better? I think I'm at overkill with the 1150 injectors?? I do not have any plans on upgrading turbos so I just want what's needed to decrease the smoke from the 1150
If you are on pump fuel, yes you are running a lot of injector for the stock turbos. I would go with My 1000's, ID1000 or my 1050's.

The 1050's are better NOT BECAUSE of the spray pattern!. BUT because of the droplet size and fuel velocity. It is a match for the GT-R's intake ports and air speed. When I release the injectors with COMPLETE technical data, I can go into greater detail as to why they are better.

·
Registered
822 Posts
If you are on pump fuel, yes you are running a lot of injector for the stock turbos. I would go with My 1000's, ID1000 or my 1050's.

The 1050's are better NOT BECAUSE of the spray pattern!. BUT because of the droplet size and fuel velocity. It is a match for the GT-R's intake ports and air speed. When I release the injectors with COMPLETE technical data, I can go into greater detail as to why they are better.
When is that? Im about to pull the trigger on injectors and trying to figure out which to buy.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What if a resonated, Catless mid pipe were installed only and everything else is stock and no tune? Would car throw a check engine light? I want the aggressive sound that a mid pipe would bring, but don't want a tune as it would void my warranty...

But wait, can Nissans diagnostic equipment detect the presence of a tune if I were to flash back to a stock tune prior to going in for service? Is the car's computer logging data of when it gets flashed and the date of the flash?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.