Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't know if there have been other threads on humorous comments toward the GTR. I bet there have been some but I couldn't find any.

I have had my car less than 3 months and have had a lot of positive feedback. I have also had a few off the wall comments. My favorite so far has happened twice and I find it hilarious. These were actually sincere comments made by a drive through cashier and gas station attendant. They liked the car, but were definitely not car enthusiasts.

two weeks ago: "What kind of kit you got on there...looks kinda like a space ship. Is that a Z"

today: "is that a kit..." I started to say yes just for kicks....

There are about 4-5 others in town. People are not used to seeing this car, esp. with it's unconventional styling so they think it has some kind of body kit.

Please share any other funny comments......

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
I get "Is that the new Mustang?" all the time. I say "No, it's a Ferrari ." They say "Cool car!"

·
Registered
308 Posts
guy asked me "is that the new cadillac?" i thought he was joking so i said "yea pretty nice, huh?" but then i realized he was serious so i told him what it was it really was. funny what people think out there!

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
I had one person ask a similar question, though it was worded "is that a skyline or the kit?"

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts
Secretary at work said it looks like a little corvette. I told her it feeds on vettes.
a "little corvette?" im pretty sure that if you took the body off of a GT-R you could comfortably set it over a vette without touching any part of it. maybe not literally, but the GT-R is so much bigger....

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
While discussing the car with a bunch of older people at a car meet, the perfomance of the car came up with one guy asking "is it faster than the new Mustang?".
My response was to take this very nice older gentleman on a ride as the highway was very close.
When we came back, he got out of the car and the other guys quickly asked - "well is it faster than the Mustang?" - the older man said..."OH YEAH - try FERRARI fast!"

Oh well, it was an improvement...

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts
While discussing the car with a bunch of older people at a car meet, the perfomance of the car came up with one guy asking "is it faster than the new Mustang?".
My response was to take this very nice older gentleman on a ride as the highway was very close.
When we came back, he got out of the car and the other guys quickly asked - "well is it faster than the Mustang?" - the older man said..."OH YEAH - try FERRARI fast!"

Oh well, it was an improvement...

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
The best one I got thus far is (mind you it was from my Haitian uncle) he said "since when did Nissan make such a car" followed by "that IS a Maxima" which I had to explain to him more then once Nissan does not only make Maxima's...............i love my people but good GOD! Nissan DOES build other cars then Maxima's lmao

For those from the islands you'll understand the "old school" menatlity lolz

·
GO GATORS !!
627 Posts
Him: My wife and I have seen your car a few times and she said it's a Lamborghini and I told her I didn't think it was.

Me: No sir, she's correct. It is a Lamborghini.

Him: Oh, nice car.

Me: Thanks !!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Had a guy come up at the gas station. This is the conversation.

Guy: What kind of car is that?

Me: My Own

Guy: What's a My Own?

Me: I just made it in the garage this weekend and taking it for a test drive. Took me about 2 years to put it all together.

Guy: How much did you spend on all the parts and stuff?

Me: Just put car parts together from Cash for Clunkers. You know recycled stuff.

Guy: WOW that is awesome!

Me: Have to go and pick up some more parts. Have a nice day.

Guy: OK See you around.

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts

Me: I just made it in the garage this weekend and taking it for a test drive. Took me about 2 years to put it all together.

Me: Just put car parts together from Cash for Clunkers. You know recycled stuff.

PRO TROLLIN! BIG UPS LOL

·
Registered
681 Posts

In all honesty, did he sound like he was serious ?

Anyways, props on the trollin there man hahaha

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
my car was parked on the street and i was waiting for a person, sitting about 2 meters away from it when two little kids, age around 12 come by on skateboards, one says to the other something like "wow what is that?" the other, after coming closer and taking a look at the car responds "oh i know what that is, thats the new honda nsx!" i enjoyed observing them

the other funny comment i heard was again while standing not too far from the gtr, a group of 3 men approach it and start looking around for any clues on what kind of car it is (i dont have the nissan and GT-R logo back, just the front GT-R logo in the grill)...after desperately trying, looking inside at the steering wheels, etc. the 3 men came to the conclusion that it was "the maserati gtr" :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
I always get "is that the new mustang"

1 - 20 of 162 Posts