1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Love that Video

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts
I can respect people say 800 Hp is weak when one has 1500 + whp cars or something that will make 800 Hp look slow.
... have you forgotten how much power anything >400bhp is? don't get me wrong, 800 is nowhere near the cutting edge, but even 287bhp Zs are fun little cars. it's not weak unless you've experienced it and it bores you.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
In my Supra, more than 400 Hp feels fast (long time ago). When I first got the GTR, it felt super fast, but then I got used to it. With mods at 650 Hp, it feels comfortable now but the GTR's ability to put down power make you want more power.
My bro has the 11 GTR and had the 11 Nismo Z at the same time. He got the GTR couple weeks after the Nismo. Less than 1000 miles later, he sold the Nismo because he doesn't drive it anymore. I also test drove the z car after I mod my GTR and it felt ridiculously slow. The shifts (I drove the 7 speed) seem slow and lack of power.
It is all what you are used to. When I told my friend my 60-130 time was 6.95, his reaction was, are you sure, that sounds awfully slow?

I am sure the lambo felt fast, but during that race, I bet it didn't. It is all what you are used to. My statement was trying to say don't call people slow when you cant make it look slow. The friend that says 6.95 60-130 mph is slow can back it up by running it in half that time. So to him it is slow, but to 99% of the population, it is ridiculously fast.

... have you forgotten how much power anything >400bhp is? don't get me wrong, 800 is nowhere near the cutting edge, but even 287bhp Zs are fun little cars. it's not weak unless you've experienced it and it bores you.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hah! I think it's funny that the person who said 800whp is weak is the one guy who owns a 25 year old POS 100hp car.

Skyliner = clueless

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
GT-R's flys by the 1/8 mile.... that race was 740whp vs 800whp (same dyno), but if you looked at the 100-150 MPH vbox times for the run, the Gallardo was quicker...

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Skyliner, you're a pathetic wannabee poser.

Add one more person to the thousands on this forum that can't stand you. Your comments have ZERO real life experience to back them up. No respect for you dude. Hot air 100% of the time.

Spend less time on this forum and more time trying to actually advance yourself in life. +1 more on my ignore list.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I can't believe some people think 800hp is weak, especially for a street car. That much hp on the street is usually unmanageable and really dangerous. Most people don't have a clue how to drive that kind of car and, if they owned one, when they get into it hard, end up crashing the thing. The cars the GTR is compared to are truly amazing machines with immense amounts of power. All of them would be cars most of us would love to own and drive. It's funny to see all these comparisons of HP as if that makes one car better than another. But, the GTR really provides a wonderful performance car that is unrivaled for its price (while still being docile enough to drive on a daily basis, take long trips with, etc.). Those Lambos are really sexy cars, though.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts