Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was chatting over direct message with MC about this... and I just wondered if anyone has done the same thing.

When I do a gear learn with the CC 0-0 and TP 0-0 then set the CC 2-2, TP 22-. The up-shifts are great without any slip. The downshifts are great in manual mode. But in auto, the auto-downshifts are clunky and sometimes even loud.

So...

I did another Gear Learn, but I kept the CC 2-2 and the TP 2-2 === Magic. Snappy up-shifts, quiet gearbox during downshifts in auto.

Has anyone done this? I can't think of a reason why it would be harmful....

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
It was suggested that doing that might mess it up and put the 2 2 2 2 at a now default 0, but others think all it does it just set it all back to 0 anyhow.

After the relearn, where where your CC and TP at? 2 2 2 2?

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Ive done it both ways and prefer not setting it to zero as well. All cc's and tp's remain unchanged. Another tid bit I figured out is you can still be moving and adjust your cc's on the fly. I used to always pull over and stop to do it. Now I just change it as Im driving and I can notice the changes on the next gear change.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ive done it both ways and prefer not setting it to zero as well. All cc's and tp's remain unchanged. Another tid bit I figured out is you can still be moving and adjust your cc's on the fly. I used to always pull over and stop to do it. Now I just change it as Im driving and I can notice the changes on the next gear change.
Good to know!

Ive tried :
Relearn at 0 - then CC 00 TP 00
Relearn at 0 - then CC 22 TP 00
Relearn at 0 - then CC 22 TP 22
Relearn at 0 - then CC 11 TP 22
Relearn at 0 - then CC 00 TP 22
Relearn at 22 22 - then stayed CC 22 TP 22 >> it by FAR is the fastest shifting and still totally smooth on auto.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I thought the same, but it still had more creep and there was no slip on the shifts so I knew it could not be at 0000. After the relearn, it just read 22 22

Good to know!

Ive tried :
Relearn at 22 22 - then stayed CC 22 TP 22 >> it by FAR is the fastest shifting and still totally smooth on auto.
Good info here! Out of curiousity was this with Cobb or Ecutek gear learn that kept the settings at 2222? Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cobb.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I thought the same, but it still had more creep and there was no slip on the shifts so I knew it could not be at 0000. After the relearn, it just read 22 22

Good to know!

Ive tried :
but you haven't tried:

Maybe if you did try that it would be the same as the one you like:

Relearn at 22 22 - then stayed CC 22 TP 22

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but you haven't tried:

Maybe if you did try that it would be the same as the one you like:

Relearn at 22 22 - then stayed CC 22 TP 22
Addended my post. lol good pick up, but yes, I did try that. Shifting was smooth but I could sense some slipping at 75% range up shifts. They just sounded sloppy.

I knew keeping it at 2-2, 2-2 and then doing the learn could not have not reset the settings to 00 - 00 because there was do much more creep with the 2-2 settings and he shifts were still good.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Addended my post. lol good pick up, but yes, I did try that. Shifting was smooth but I could sense some slipping at 75% range up shifts. They just sounded sloppy.

I knew keeping it at 2-2, 2-2 and then doing the learn could not have not reset the settings to 00 - 00 because there was do much more creep with the 2-2 settings and he shifts were still good.
ah okay interesting...It would be nice if a tuner or shop would chime in and let us know exactly what happens if you relearn gears without settings at 0 0 0 0

·
Registered
162 Posts
Exactly. I'm not exactly sure what that function does.

It makes sense both ways... Reset the gearbox with everything at 0 then adjust from there. Or - adjust to your liking and teach the gearbox to "learn" after you've made your settings.

Update:
Just did a relearn at all 0. Then set CC 2-2 and TP 0-0.
Very very nice.

Also tried TP -1,-1. Very smooth as well

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Fbo e85 2015 here. I do cc at +2 and tp at -2 and love it.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW

·
Will trade patents for car parts
508 Posts
When y'all talk about creep, is that the tendency for the car to roll in first gear without throttle input? In other words, just like an auto? If so, why do people dislike that?

·
Registered
461 Posts
When y'all talk about creep, is that the tendency for the car to roll in first gear without throttle input? In other words, just like an auto? If so, why do people dislike that?
Correct. I don't mind a little creep, which is what I get at 0,-2 (bit less creep than your std auto car) It's the aggressive creep that we stay away from.

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A little creep can keep the car from bogging or making that diesel sound... makes the roll out smoother

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I think when I had done this it had set it all back to 0 0 0 0. But have not tried it again...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Did it keep it the same after the relearn?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes... The also did a 0000 relearn and reset CC2-2 TP 0-0 to see if there's a difference... who knows.

Wish a tuner would chime in with what exactly happens with a relearn.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts