Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ,

Thinking for getting a BOV for my GTR 2017.

Was thinking of BOV from Go Fast Bits - TMS T9202 BOV.

- How are they in reliability and performance?

- Are these the ones to get from GFB? Heard these are top BOV people are getting for GTR

- Does anyone a vid on the sound they make? i want to know if it can be heard and if it makes a good sound.

Cheers

·
R35
89 Posts
I have it on my 2015.. Sounds amazing and no issues whatsoever !
its louder than Tial for sure!

Go on youtube, few people posted vidoes

·
Registered
475 Posts
I had the GFB BOV (T9202) for a few months and didn't have any issues. These BOV don't require Speed Density tune unlike Tial, HKS, etc...

They're pretty popular for people who don't want to tune to void factory warranty but still want the VTA "whoosh" sounds.

I have a set sitting in my garage for sale if your interested. After I went FBO + E85 I havent touched them since. PM me and I'll send you pics. Pretty much like-new condition

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I've removed several sets of GFB from GTRs including off of my own car because of piston seizure issues. They've also been known to leak boost at high hp.

Get a set of Tials :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've removed several sets of GFB from GTRs including off of my own car because of piston seizure issues. They've also been known to leak boost at high hp.

Get a set of Tials :)

I thought GFB BOV are the best.

Which Tial do I get for going SD?

Also do you have a sound clip I cannot find any vids.

Cheers

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tial Q w/ 11psi springs are what we would typically provide.

Thanks for the info mate

I'm still trying to find some videos on them. Seems like no one uploads these BOV all just stationary with no rev or drive by

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've been debating between gfb bov and tial for quite some time now. I love the sound of it just can't decide myself whether to have VTA or recirculating

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I've been debating between gfb bov and tial for quite some time now. I love the sound of it just can't decide myself whether to have VTA or recirculating
Then get Tial QR for recirc option if you are just trying to decide between the two.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts