Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi dudes,
I am negotiating for my mother on a gle350d coupe white. The cost is $85,125 cdn. Each dealer in Canada was given one to show and sell . Orders are being accepted and delivery is next February. I live in the province of Saskatchewan which is right above North Dakota. We are a population of 1 million so there are just two Benz dealers. One in my city and one in the second biggest city. Both dealers have the exact same vehicle for sale on their lots. Same price. I have been doing some research on markups and have found that typically Benz dealers markup of 11% over their invoice price.
The msrp is 85,125 and the invoice which I got from unhaggle.com is 77,500. That s is a 9,363 markup over invoice, 11%. Negotiating just on the msrp price, what is the best price you think I could get that they would accept?

We have the cash to buy it and we can finance it at our own bank no problem.
I thought I would get them as low as I could on msrp and then come back later with my mom ready to buy and tell them we wish to dealer finance it. By doing this they may go down a little further on the price because they expect to make money on financing at 3.9 for 72 months. Once we get the car, we would pay off the loan in full the same month, not telling the dealer this is our plan.

Any suggestions or advice would be fantastic guys.

Jeremy

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
Well for me, it's a fine line/balance: How much I want the car versus how much I am willing to spend. Before walking into the dealership, take physical note of the absolute, most amount of money that you are willing to pay. Make sure everyone (on your side) have agreed on this number. Then and only then, should you make the trip to the dealer and start haggling.

I've always been told dealers LOVE a cash deal, but I've never dealt with Mercedes Benz and I'm not sure if using their financing would be preferred by them or not.. I think if you financed with them (at their request/preference), and then paid it off later that month, that would be HILARIOUS! Sorry, but I love hearing when dealerships get quick ones pulled on THEM for a change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts