Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
If everything goes well with tunning...we'll hit PBIR wed 3/9.
PBIR is getting strick about tech...so I may hold back the runs if I do not feel is going to be a clean run with a nice 60ft (1.5x).
So lets see how it goes.
A.T

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will be there hope you get to run.Just sucks after all this time they now get strict
true..that sucks!!! we will need to rent the track soon!!!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Wish I could make it.

Keep us posted and good luck !

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
anyone know why they''re getting strict? Somebody must have blew the whistle on them....IMHO, if the car is stable to 190+ MPH....it can run 9's all day....too many rules and regulations!

·
THAT GUY
4,775 Posts
anyone know why they''re getting strict? Somebody must have blew the whistle on them....IMHO, if the car is stable to 190+ MPH....it can run 9's all day....too many rules and regulations!
That's a good question.I know a lot of NHRA teams test there,might have something to do with or could be insurance related? I agree to many rules and regulations in this world as is

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's a good question.I know a lot of NHRA teams test there,might have something to do with or could be insurance related? I agree to many rules and regulations in this world as is
The reason NHRA teams can test there (and all the other tracks) is because they pass tech.
"Street" cars that run bottom 9's and trap 160+ are obviously not allowed to run without proper safety gear at any IHRA or NHRA track. Individual track personnel have their own liability tolerances, but no track is going to allow more than one run in the 9's...and running a 2nd pass after a warning will most likely get you thrown out for good. MY CTSV just runs high 10's and even with my relationship with our local track director and the experience he knows I have, he still can't let me run the car again without a cage, etc. Of course there's an argument that with the speeds and safety equipment new OEM cars are capable of there should be new NHRA ET/trap rules....but it's not going to happen.

Just run 1/8 mile and get on the brakes hard so you stay in the 11's. With what I know about your set-up, a 6.0x @ 125+ is easily achievable. Once you're hitting 6.0x's, ask the tower to turn-off the boards and run a full pass. Most tracks will do this for fast street cars as it allows them to sidestep the insurance issue. They'll still give you a slip.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
The reason NHRA teams can test there (and all the other tracks) is because they pass tech.
"Street" cars that run bottom 9's and trap 160+ are obviously not allowed to run without proper safety gear at any IHRA or NHRA track. Individual track personnel have their own liability tolerances, but no track is going to allow more than one run in the 9's...and running a 2nd pass after a warning will most likely get you thrown out for good. MY CTSV just runs high 10's and even with my relationship with our local track director and the experience he knows I have, he still can't let me run the car again without a cage, etc. Of course there's an argument that with the speeds and safety equipment new OEM cars are capable of there should be new NHRA ET/trap rules....but it's not going to happen.

Just run 1/8 mile and get on the brakes hard so you stay in the 11's. With what I know about your set-up, a 6.0x @ 125+ is easily achievable. Once you're hitting 6.0x's, ask the tower to turn-off the boards and run a full pass. Most tracks will do this for fast street cars as it allows them to sidestep the insurance issue. They'll still give you a slip.

Good luck!
good information!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just run in the "No Time" lane. . .

·
Registered
7,514 Posts

Good luck!
Excellent! I think they did that over here in Oregon for us before.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I think it is a great Idea. Next time I go up I will run "no times".

·
Premium Member
825 Posts

Good luck!
This has been another Jamie Carter Public Service Announcement on Breaking the Rules:)

LOL See you next week.

·
f355c5
225 Posts
I didn't know turning off the tower made a difference. Cool news, hope it's true
At Bradenton dragway I made one run 11.1 sec. They told me all future runs will be no time. People were asking me what my time was after each run. Meet a lot of nice people.LOL. 10.96 was my best. Good luck
weds. hope n/t written on your cars helps.

·
Registered
805 Posts
GOOD LUCK AT! When you get to tech tell them you want to run N/T just like J.C. explained and they should be a little more tolerant. We are all looking forwards to your results.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Good luck and have fun! I'm trying to get out there with you tonight. If I make it I'll only be running on pump gas since I have a full tank. Save your best pass for the last pass and then just go home....maybe they will forget

1 - 20 of 68 Posts