Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The event was billed as an autocross, but was more like a high-speed small road course w/ some cones put in to slow the cars down in tighter sections. It was held in a development that never had homes put up, but the roads were put in. It was .9mi per lap--2 laps per run.

There were plenty of P-cars (was sanctioned by PCA), a few 430 F cars, a Superleggera LP 560, vintage cars, 125 shifter carts, Legend car--abt 80 entrants.

It was a very well-pubicized event w/ sponsorship, hospitality tents, bleachers, catered, the press was there, etc.

The 2 fastest perceived entrants were a 125 shifter cart driven by multi-time champ & pro driver Terry Borcheller (was the exhibition to show everyone 'how it was done'); and that 650hp Ariel Atom turbo that has vids flying around on YouTube (claims world-fastest Atom--I believe it seeing it accelerate!)

My GT-R not only took all the passenger cars by over 5 seconds on my first run--it beat the Atom & Borcheller's cart for overall fast time of day (and it was on Hankook R-S3 street tires! I was too lazy & didn't want to get the Hoosiers & trailer out).

Needless to say the crowd was stunned when I crossed the line on my first run--and so was I. lol We only got 2 runs & I aborted on my 2nd run, as it started raining & I had already secured FTD--so I took a Victory Lap lol.

Hopefully more vids will be posted, but here's a quick pick of the big off-camber sweeper (BIG pucker factor there--very bad consequences if you went off there).

GODZILLA RULES!!!

·
R35
1,312 Posts
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Hahahahahahaha, NICE my man!!!
They must had been shocked in utter disbelief that a GTR would FTD in the first run, and then call it a day : )

·
Registered
419 Posts
Awesome! Too bad it's so damn heavy!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Way to represent! Link to results?

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
432 Posts
Awesome - congratulations!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Awesome man!

What are your mods, suspension, wheels and engine mods?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Awesome! Too bad it's so damn heavy!

Yeah but just imagine how much faster it would have been if it was 1000lb lighter...

Great result GTB/ZR-1, but I don't personally like the bodykit you appear to have fitted. Makes it look like a Beetle. ;)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ha ha...a squashed Beetle!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nicely done.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Thanks all--I'm still in disbelief!

Bob, yes the KWs are dialed in & will work great for you if I decide to change my setup...

David, I was cloaked in P-car garb. Lol

Supraman, my mods are bolt-ons and KW V3s, along with custom alignment and weight saving step. I ran it in my mid boost (15.5 lbs/520whp setting).

Sean, you're right, car weighed approx 3625 in yesterday's trim.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Excellent news. Love to see Godzilla dominate in its natural habitat-road course.

·
Troller
3,473 Posts

Yeah but just imagine how much faster it would have been if it was 1000lb lighter...

Great result GTB/ZR-1, but I don't personally like the bodykit you appear to have fitted. Makes it look like a Beetle. ;)
Actually it'd perform worse than a stock weight GTR. Duh

I was told that not many of the P drivers were going very fast, is that true?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts