Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering which dealer is good to have my GTR serviced at.

The closest dealers are Mission Hills Nissan and Simi Valley Nissan.

I have a detailer who is charging 300 for a good clean job. He worked on my STI before, but I would like people's opinions on their detailers and such.

Clear bra, is it worth it or not? If it is, who would be a good installer and what brand is a good clear bra?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
We are. We are one of the only shops that actually wraps the clear bra around the edges where possible. We do not use pre-cut templates which leave areas exposed to road debris but a large single piece of film which gets fitted to a body panel:
http://execstudio.com/services_clear-bra_installation.htm

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need a place close to LA :(

I called you Peter, but it is just a little too far, sorry

Thank though ^_^

·
Registered
370 Posts
For the clear bra I used Premier in NorCal but they opened a SoCal place in the OC. I love their work up here. They roll the edges and corners as well. Might want to check them out. Prety well known up in NorCal.

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
I need a place close to LA :(

I called you Peter, but it is just a little too far, sorry

Thank though ^_^
Call Jerome @ 714-225-4394 or 714-969-1111. He will come to you.

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
BTW, ACG is worth the drive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Premier SoCal is a must. I had Chris wrap my entire car because I'm anal like that. =] The wrap was flawless everything was tucked when ever possible, all the pieces were laid so they matched the factory lines, and their service was above none. If you decide to go with them Tell them Jon the "Noodle Guy" (LOL) sent you.

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
I'm a fan of Fontana Nissan and Power in Hawthorne.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rob Miller at Cerritos Nissan just performed the 12 month service on my GTR. He seems very knowledgable about the car and takes pride in his work. He even found some loose tie rods that the so-called GTR technicians at the last dealership left me. Planning on taking my GTR back for the next service interval.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Call Bhane. Read my post. In the LA area, I would use either Premier or Bhane Mendoza. Bhane does all the clear bra for Ferrari Beverly Hills, Rusnak Porsche, and a lot of the Porsche cup cars.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?/topic/58185-clear-bra-done-on-my-2012/page__hl__onefastdoc__fromsearch__1

http://www.dozadesigns.com/

His prices are in line with Premier, which means it is expensive. If you want to go cheaper but still pretty good quality, ask Rifster about his guy. His clear bra looks great and was waaaaay cheaper than the aforementioned installers. I went with Bhane because he has done many cars that I've seen, and several of my cars.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Make sure you tell him Kai sent you (2012 Gun Metallic GT-R). He came to my office in Beverly Hills and did the install.

·
GR8 WHITE
226 Posts
Is Robert back to Cerritos?
I can confirm that Robert IS back at Cerritos. I booked my 24 month POS as soon as I learned this from the forum. Thank you Victor for the heads up!

Robert is the same GTR guru we all know and love, but there have been a lot of changes at Cerritos apparently over the past couple years. They all try not to make it obvious, but the tension is palpable.
Jeff Nomura is no longer a service writer. He is replaced by Tony Fears. Tony seems nice and straight forward. It remains to be seen how that place evolves. I drive from South OC to Cerritos to get my car serviced by Robert. If he leaves Cerritos Nissan again, then I will follow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Robert is the same GTR guru we all know and love, but there have been a lot of changes at Cerritos apparently over the past couple years. They all try not to make it obvious, but the tension is palpable.
Jeff Nomura is no longer a service writer. He is replaced by Tony Fears. Tony seems nice and straight forward. It remains to be seen how that place evolves. I drive from South OC to Cerritos to get my car serviced by Robert. If he leaves Cerritos Nissan again, then I will follow.
How is Robert with minor mods and warranty (mid-pipe)? I need to get me 1000 mile POS done soon.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.