Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Good options for brake replacement on a 2014 GT-R.

4K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  ansanboy 
#1 ·
So, I just purchased the car used, but had figured it had been tracked some. Anyway, the gas gauge was not reading correctly, so I took it to a Nissan dealership. Lol.....they are switching out the gauge cluster under warranty, but as is typical with any dealership, they like to pile on everything. Anyhow, one of the things they mentioned is that the brake pads are down to 3mm, which obviously means they need to be replaced. However, the amount they want for that is absurd. Basically, $2000 to change pads. I have changed pads for years and after seeing the DIY guides here, that price is absolutely ridiculous. So, what are some good pads to replace with the stock rotors? Is it better or a "have to" to go ahead and switch out the rotors and pads at once? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. This car will be a street car and I doubt will ever go to the track.

#3 ·
It appears that Hawk HPS appears to be the best by consensus. Also, it looks like DBA or the AP J-Hooks are the preferred rotor. I question after reading the other threads if the rotors need to be changed. It looks like I need to look at the rotors myself for cracks. Which I didn't notice any cracks when I looked at them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.