Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
I'm pleased to announce my vendor status along with the release of my new 3" intake kit. Being the original designer/fabricator (along with some MAF block placement parameters from Tim Bailey), of the Cobb Intake, I saw a need for a 3" version. MAF saturation can be a problem for a 2.75" intake, and the 3" sizing takes care of that problem.

Note: Picture gives a gold tint look but in reality they are bright polished aluminum.......they look like chrome.

Features of the Gotboost Intakes are:

1. Easy to install. No bumper removal is necessary. Filters are sized to fit through the radiator cooling panel without destroying them. Ease of filter install/removal means an owner is likely to
clean/service their air cleaners. Filter systems that require bumper removal probably don't get the regular interval servicing they require.

2. Proper MAF orientation with relation to bends.

3. One piece aluminum mandrel bent tubing.

4. Mounting bracket to firmly stabilize intake tube.

5. Show quality welds. fitment, and finish.

6. Genuine K&N filters with an optional Outerwear Brand pre-filter available (see this thread: http://www.nagtroc.o...ilter dyno test)

7. Silicone couplers with stainless steel clamps.

8. Easy to tune for your tuner...(MAF re-calibration is necessary, easily done via e-tune)

9. Awesome performance and sound.

10......and 100% made in the good ole USA!!

Pricing: $535.00 (most reasonable 3" on the market)

Available in satin black wrinkle powdercoat or polished finish

Outerwears will be available next week for an additional $58.00.

Interested parties please pm me.

·
Registered
687 Posts
very nice Dave!

·
Bulldogmike
678 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
very nice mate

and well priced

good luck with it

great detail in using genuine K&N filters. Most of the intakes on the market vendors are selling from china have K&N rep intakes just dyed similar red colour

·
Registered
749 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I am interested in the 3 inch intake, but in a recent thread I read about an owner wanting to flash back to stock before going to the dealer. I know that wont be possible once these are installed. Do you for see any need to even put the cars tune back to stock at any point? I currently have a midpipe and exhaust with a Cobb canned stage 2 map. I dont plan on upgrading the car any further. Being in California with 91 octane is discouraging. Would I be better off with the 2 3/4 cobb intake?

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
awesome work Dave!

did you make a 3' coming of the turbo into your intake? that would be a nice 3' from turbo to K&N. should see some big gains with both parts..

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Nice product from a stand-up guy and a long-time contributor to this forum and community. I've seen gotboost's products, vehicles and 7000 sq ft shop first-hand... he is incredibly meticulous and capable.

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice product from a stand-up guy and a long-time contributor to this forum and community. I've seen gotboost's products, vehicles and 7000 sq ft shop first-hand... he is incredibly meticulous and capable.
Thanks so much for the kind words John!!

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am interested in the 3 inch intake, but in a recent thread I read about an owner wanting to flash back to stock before going to the dealer. I know that wont be possible once these are installed. Do you for see any need to even put the cars tune back to stock at any point? I currently have a midpipe and exhaust with a Cobb canned stage 2 map. I dont plan on upgrading the car any further. Being in California with 91 octane is discouraging. Would I be better off with the 2 3/4 cobb intake?
With the newest version of the Cobb software we found even moderately tuned GT-R's maxing out the MAF voltages thus leading to poor MAF voltage resolution. The 3" intake will lower your MAF voltage readings in relation to airflow. Unless you are planning on leaving your car relatively stock, I'd opt for the 3".

Going to the dealer with the latest version Cobb software will still allow them to hook a Consult III up, even with 3" intakes, injectors, and so forth. Flashing back to stock with 3" intakes such as with injectors is not possible unfortunately.

If you don't plan on running more than about 15-16 psi boost and plan on no further mods you'd probably be better off with the Cobb 2.75".

Hope this helps

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awesome work Dave!

did you make a 3' coming of the turbo into your intake? that would be a nice 3' from turbo to K&N. should see some big gains with both parts..
Thanks Sam,

I installed the 2012 inlet pipes on my car. I was going to produce some aftermarket inlet pipes but deemed it was not cost effective and with stock size turbos not to be of any benefit.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
These have been a long time coming. I remember you posting about your first prototype it seems about a year ago! Looks like a great piece. I had wanted a 3" intake for a while and since yours weren't yet available I went for the Akuma BM intakes back in January of this year.

Like I said, looks like a great piece and good luck with sales! If I didn't already have the Akumas, I'd be all over these. BTW, which K&N filter does your intake use? I couldn't read the box from the screen shot.

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These have been a long time coming. I remember you posting about your first prototype it seems about a year ago! Looks like a great piece. I had wanted a 3" intake for a while and since yours weren't yet available I went for the Akuma BM intakes back in January of this year.

Like I said, looks like a great piece and good luck with sales! If I didn't already have the Akumas, I'd be all over these. BTW, which K&N filter does your intake use? I couldn't read the box from the screen shot.
Thanks Doc.
The reason you can't read the # on the box is because it is blacked out. Doc, I'll pm you the #.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
If you get 3" intake you still can't maximize the performance of your GTR because your injectors will max. out! Look at your log and take rpm*injector pulse width/1200 to get your inj. duty cycle. Personally I like to stay under 90%.

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and put a set aside for me. when you have the payment info ready pm me.

thanks dave!
Yours are sitting at Cobb ready for ya.
Ryan, shoot me your e-mail and I'll send you a paypal request.

and I got a set for you Alex!

1 - 20 of 239 Posts