21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,442 Posts

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
I think I read Ford said something similar about the new electric lighting F150

my concern over on our Z forum is mark ups are really going to plague the roll out of this car in the spring
And broncos - seriously lmao

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Still can't get my new 2022 Toyota 4Runner TRD-PRO for less than about $4000 over MSRP. And that's for a 54 grand MSRP, and waiting 3+ months with a deposit. Cash and no trade-in.

Alexd

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Still can't get my new 2022 Toyota 4Runner TRD-PRO for less than about $4000 over MSRP. And that's for a 54 grand MSRP, and waiting 3+ months with a deposit. Cash and no trade-in.

Alexd
Not that bad considering market - but sure is a wake up call from discounted sticker for the norm.

Parents got side swiped in a parking lot by what I think is a trailer. Need a door shell on a RAV4 - being told 12+ weeks for a door …

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Not that bad considering market - but sure is a wake up call from discounted sticker for the norm.

Parents got side swiped in a parking lot by what I think is a trailer. Need a door shell on a RAV4 - being told 12+ weeks for a door …
Didn't realize there was a door chip shortage too haha, that is ridiculous.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Alexd
Idk if you think cash and no trade in is a good thing, but that's about the worst for a dealership. Of course they're gonna charge you way over. They aren't getting a car back to sell, which is huge right now, and they aren't getting anything on the back end. Don't be surprised if you wait well beyond 3 months lol

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Idk if you think cash and no trade in is a good thing, but that's about the worst for a dealership. Of course they're gonna charge you way over. They aren't getting a car back to sell, which is huge right now, and they aren't getting anything on the back end. Don't be surprised if you wait well beyond 3 months lol

You may be right. I thought Cash makes it simple. i was informed today that a dealer in Milwaukee Wisconsin will only deal with me with Financing...no cash because "I'm out of State in Illinois?!" (you learn something new everyday!)

Alexd

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
I’ve done this before - agree to finance a portion and pay off in 3 or 6 months. Each dealership and their relationship with their bank is different. Suppose wouldn’t hurt to ask.

Reactions: L.L.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
You may be right. I thought Cash makes it simple. i was informed today that a dealer in Milwaukee Wisconsin will only deal with me with Financing...no cash because "I'm out of State in Illinois?!" (you learn something new everyday!)

Alexd
Never heard of that before and we buy out of state often; just not in WI yet. I could be wrong but they probably want to make something on the back end with financing. Either way, if it gets you a better deal or a deal at all, play their game if they are offering something at or near buy rate. If you aren't planning to refi or buy real estate using credit anytime soon, use that credit everyone works so hard to build. What's the difference between maintaining an 850 vs 810 credit score when it comes to lending? Nothing other than a flex. There have other been times I didn't want to lease but leased anyway and bought out the car after a few months because the subsidized incentives were significantly better compared to buying. Either way, just tell them you have the flexibility to close the transaction any way necessary and have them send over the comparisons.

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Never heard of that before and we buy out of state often; just not in WI yet. I could be wrong but they probably want to make something on the back end with financing. Either way, if it gets you a better deal or a deal at all, play their game if they are offering something at or near buy rate. If you aren't planning to refi or buy real estate using credit anytime soon, use that credit everyone works so hard to build. What's the difference between maintaining an 850 vs 810 credit score when it comes to lending? Nothing other than a flex. There have other been times I didn't want to lease but leased anyway and bought out the car after a few months because the subsidized incentives were significantly better compared to buying. Either way, just tell them you have the flexibility to close the transaction any way necessary and have them send over the comparisons.
I have,..and my FICO is 816; my wife's is 826 (not sure why the difference). But even if Toyota offers a financing promotional bonus, it would be eaten up by the minimum 3 months that I would need to keep paying interest before closing it out.

Now long ago Nissan offered a deal whereby I needed to only finance one month, and I took it and was ahead of the game almost $450.

But I'm not loosing sight of the final goal of total price for the car, and getting it. So far, no deals though.

Alexd

·
Registered
9 Posts

Alexd
I paid $2,000 over MSRP for the brand new freaking Hyundai Kona N and that care stickers at $36K! The only reason I did it is because on trade I got $1,000 MORE than I paid for a 3 year old Kona that had 18,000 miles. Go figure.

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Here's my 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO at 13,000+ feet. The color "CEMENT" is kind of a gray silver... I guess they don't have this color anymore.

Alexd

Attachments

Reactions: L.L.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts