Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
True, about $25-$40 each. Maybe he was trying to replace just the one that failed and not all three. I have one failed as well but will replace all three because I'm at high mileage.

·
Shaolin Shadowboxer
347 Posts
Expect to pay ~$200/sensor. And yes replace all three while you’re at it. I went through it three times.

Or for the budget minded just the two on the pump. The other can be done just by dropping the pan and removing the valve body. Keep in mind fluid costs.

·
Shaolin Shadowboxer
347 Posts
I totally agree and was tempted to purchase a visual replacement but until someone builds a test rig and confirm which sensors are compatible voltage and scale-wise, I wasn’t about to figure test it after all the headache I went through.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Agree, I think I will build a little test rig for the sensors. I've already got one designed and I've ordered a few different sensors to test and compare data to the OEM sensors.
Let me know if you want me to send you my OEM sensor that was in good working order.

Reactions: Gtrx

·
Shaolin Shadowboxer
347 Posts
Are these off the shelf sensors sensors? I saw some from eBay and even seen physically similar ones on Nissan CVT valve bodies when I was contemplating on doing the same.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Are these off the shelf sensors sensors? I saw some from eBay and even seen physically similar ones on Nissan CVT valve bodies when I was contemplating on doing the same.
Yes. Just off the shelf. Seems they are common in the automotive world. I think they are used for Honda VTEC oil pressure sensing. They are also common in the Nissan CVT's with many youtube vids out there.

I am seeing some different pressure ranges amonst the sensors. And I also saw different sensors available that I assume are different ranges. -10, -12, -14, -16 etc etc.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I ended up getting three sensors off Ebay for $86 shipped. They were advertised as (For Honda Oil Pressure Sensor Sender Switch Transducer CP5-12 CP512) and shipped from the U.S. I received them the same week that I ordered them. I have since installed these into my car to resolve the sensor related error codes discussed on this forum. I tested the sensors before installation and they had a similar scale to the OEM sensors. These max 4.8 volts at 400 psi versus 5.1 @ 400 for the OEM sensor. I wanted to just try running them as is with no scaling or changes in any way. Just out of the box.

I'm happy to report that my heat related error codes have gone away and the car is performing normally. I replaced both filters, used the Dodson cleanable filter and filled it up with 11 quarts of the Amsoil DCT. I must say the clutches feel silky smooth. I previously have run Jacks fluid and OEM fluid.

Here is a factory sensor. It gives out 4 volts at 250psi.

·
Shaolin Shadowboxer
347 Posts
This is exactly what I wanted to do but after dropping my trans three times I was over it.
Hats off to you brother. This is potentially greatest DIY test done in the past 5 years. We all know these sensors aren’t unobtainium but no one had the cajones or means to conduct such a test.

I know it’s early in this test process but still excited nonetheless.
Hell yeah.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ended up getting three sensors off Ebay for $86 shipped. They were advertised as (For Honda Oil Pressure Sensor Sender Switch Transducer CP5-12 CP512) and shipped from the U.S. I received them the same week that I ordered them. I have since installed these into my car to resolve the sensor related error codes discussed on this forum. I tested the sensors before installation and they had a similar scale to the OEM sensors. These max 4.8 volts at 400 psi versus 5.1 @ 400 for the OEM sensor. I wanted to just try running them as is with no scaling or changes in any way. Just out of the box. I'm happy to report that my heat related error codes have gone away and the car is performing normally. I replaced both filters, used the Dodson cleanable filter and filled it up with 11 quarts of the Amsoil DCT. I must say the clutches feel silky smooth. I previously have run Jacks fluid and OEM fluid.
Here is a factory sensor. It gives out 4 volts at 250psi.
Hi how long ago did you install the eBay sensors I am installing some right now hoping they work

1 - 20 of 25 Posts