Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
GT5 is only for PS3 right? i will definitely get forza. NFS...i dont know, its not real enough...undercover was a major upset

·
Registered
34 Posts
Damn, I can't wait. It's funny how Gran Turismo prominently displays the GT-R, and you don't even see it in Forza, although the shot of the Z was pretty sweet.

Nonetheless, thanks for the heads up. It might be time to buy that Logitech GT wheel.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Looks like its gonna be an awesome year for driving sims. I can honestly say I want all three of these games. Too bad GT5 would require also buying a PS3. Maybe I can swing that as an Xmas request.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
does GT5 prologue have online play. I know the actual GT5 *should* have online play...just not sure about the prolouge. If it does, it would be even more reason to finally get prologue (the other reason being that it is going to be part of the Greatest Hits collection, which typically means a price drop).

It would be nice to have some races between NAGTROC members.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
i havent bought a ps3 yet because GT5 isnt released yet. prolog not that exciting yet.

the blue ray players in the ps3 go bad and they overheat when very dusty. get an extended warranty or put some money asside to buy a replacement drive which costs alot of money. the drives go bad in a year or so.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
i havent bought a ps3 yet because GT5 isnt released yet. prolog not that exciting yet.
+1 Same here. Although I've been meaning to buy one anyway for Metal Gear, just never got around to it. Thanks for the heads up on the drive, I usually don't get extended service plans with anything but I suppose I will for a PS3.

·
Original BNR32 'Zilla.
790 Posts
Prologue is very entertaining to me. in some races, when I drive with the R34 or R35, and accidentally beat some guy in Viper/corvette/whatshisname, result is usually angry PM about cheating or unfair play.

if I see that the racingline is free, I go for it. if he can't hold his rear-end on the road thanks to those lolsprings of his and loses his position, tough luck.
Cya at goal!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gt5 prolouge is actually not too bad, and yes it has online racing which is again... not too bad. Doing anything online involves dealing with your share of idiots, but the game render's pretty well, and but for a touch of lag here and there, it's "playable".

The game itself, while very limited, is challenging enough to keep you playing, if for no other reason simply to collect all the cars. I'm pretty sure your cars and licenses in GT5 prolouge will transfer over to GT5, so if you are into head starts, this helps as well.

As far as the PS3, I love it (I also have the 360 and wii, and still really like the PS3 for what it is). I've never had any problems with it (software or hardware) and it's a great blu-ray player.

Do yourself a favor and pick one up.

·
Founder/Admin
26,253 Posts
when the time gets closer pick up the GT5 steering wheel too. it came out right after prologue did last year.

it has GT5 specific controls on it that let you change settings mid race like brake bias Traction control and AWD split

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I have a PS3 too, I boxed it up and put it away since I stopped playing it after my steering wheel broke. Haven't had time to get another wheel and none of the other games interest me.

I think i might start looking for a wheel now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts