Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Introduced myself last week but then the site told me I was spamming. Deleted both of my posts and blocked me from posting again. Hoping the “fix” worked.

Old guy (68) from middle Tennessee who currently owns a 2020 ZL1 A10 Camaro. Previous rides include 4 Corvettes, GT Mustang, SS sedan, Supra, RX 7. One C6 Corvette had a supercharger installed and was a beast. Used to enjoy fast bikes but that interest ended last year when someone decided to run a red light and hit me from behind. To old to heal so all bikes are all gone.
Have narrowed my next car purchase to either the Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing or a new GT-R. Came here to learn more about the GT-R.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Introduced myself last week but then the site told me I was spamming. Deleted both of my posts and blocked me from posting again. Hoping the "fix" worked.

Old guy (68) from middle Tennessee who currently owns a 2020 ZL1 A10 Camaro. Previous rides include 4 Corvettes, GT Mustang, SS sedan, Supra, RX 7. One C6 Corvette had a supercharger installed and was a beast. Used to enjoy fast bikes but that interest ended last year when someone decided to run a red light and hit me from behind. To old to heal so all bikes are all gone.
Have narrowed my next car purchase to either the Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing or a new GT-R. Came here to learn more about the GT-R.
I just got a GTR myself few months ago... and got to say, I'm loving, every single time i get to drive it around the city, its an adventure and cant seem to keep my speedometer to show anything under 100 for some reason... must be broken! haha

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,977 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess my membership is rather short lived. Found a couple of new GT-R's. Both dealers wanted $20K above MSRP and wouldnt budge from the price. I just can't bring myself to pay ADM so decided to order a Blackwing CT5 at MRSP.

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Welcome brother, sorry to hear about the bike. I rode for 25+ years and gave up all the road stuff after a guy merging on the highway in DC decided fo cross three lanes while he was in the first lane and throw him into a couple tractor trailers. Bunch of titanium and some upgraded body parts but he’s still breathing so should have been worse.

If you like to go fast, nothing out there quite like the R35. Can easily put 1500 awhp to the ground as it can 600.

It has massive street cred and is well deserved. I’ve pointed my GoPro backwards for the last 8+ years ;)

Most common question you’ll get from cars and coffees with older car is, what the hell is it. Then you tell them it’s a Nissan and they look even more puzzled.

If you like hp, this is one fun platform. Only one I personally fit in (Huracan and R8 TT’s are way too small).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Blackwing is on order but delivery date is unknown. Maybe 6 months, maybe 8, or more. Supply chain doesn’t look good for the BW or GT-R. Still find myself looking for a GT-R so it’s still a remote possibility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.