Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This is my 1st and introduction post, so please forgive me and feel free to correct me if I did anything wrong.
I am from Taiwan, but I have been living in socal for the past 10 years driving my IS250.
It is a great little car. It was sad for me to sell the car and move back to Taiwan.
Here's a little tribute for it..

Now I am back to Taiwan, this R35 is my new ride.
Only got it for a week and a half, but so far, I LOVE it.
Been loving the car even before I got it, and even have a small collection of GTRs.

ANYWAYS,
I was planning to take photos earlier, but we had typhoon and rain in the past few wks, I never had a chance to go out and shoot until today while the weather is "good".
Here are some photos, hope you guys enjoy them as much as I do.

It is bone stock but plan to get some exhaust soon.
Any suggestions on what exhaust I should get that has perfect fitment and no problem with the computers?
I'm looking for some exhaust that is reasonably priced and relatively loud and deep, but nothing louder or tiny bit louder than a ferrari and such.

Thanks!!!
I hope to enjoy my stay on this forum!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome! I am from Taiwan as well, now living in the states. As far as exhaust, are you looking for just catback exhaust or the whole exhaust system? If you remove the downpipes, some will trigger the light.

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
Welcome! I'm Taiwanese as well, born there and moved to SoCal when I was two. Moving back there next year but won't be bringing the GT-R with me for another year after that or so to drop tax value :( Gorgeous car!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind words!
I am looking for just the catback exhaust, more or less considering the midpipe depending of the price overall and performance/ sound levels.

thanks again!!

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Welcome! Great choice on the color ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for the kind words!
I am looking for just the catback exhaust, more or less considering the midpipe depending of the price overall and performance/ sound levels.

thanks again!!
Sound level is a subject matter. It really depends on personal preferences. I suggest you look around the forum or youtube for some sound videos/clips before you committed on a exhaust. Overall, a straight midpipe will give you a tad more power than the catted one. Generally speaking, bigger diameter of the pipes with proper tune will get you the most power, but some of them can be very loud and not suitable for daily use.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I went from an IS250 to the GT-R as well. Its quite in an increase in power to say the least
Nice colour choice!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again for the warm welcomes and kind words. I am currently looking into AAM or Greddy exhaust, do you guys have any thoughts on those in terms of fitment, computer and sound? Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks again for the warm welcomes and kind words. I am currently looking into AAM or Greddy exhaust, do you guys have any thoughts on those in terms of fitment, computer and sound? Thanks!
Hey, I envy you guys who can enjoy their GTRs in TW. I have been contemplating about importing mine, but with the amount of uprgrades, I doubt I'd ever pass emission test. And I don't really want to be driving that car around with a "test drive plate". I've heard that I could export the car out of the country to get "repaired" and bring it back as long as the duration aboard is less than half year. Sounds pretty tempting if I could ever afford to buy a brand new one in TW and swap out everything from my current car.

Let me know if you would be interested in a set of HKS Kansai exhaust and AMS downpipes. Heck, I even have a set of HREs in TW, that I would be willing to sell at a bargain if you are interested. Hehe...if you are interested, I got the following that could go on a 2012.
- JUN cams
- Downforce Aero rear spoiler lip
- ADV1 Wheels w/ Dunlop Tires
- Whiteline sway bar set
- DEKA mirror garnish
- HKS Kansai exhaust

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, I envy you guys who can enjoy their GTRs in TW. I have been contemplating about importing mine, but with the amount of uprgrades, I doubt I'd ever pass emission test. And I don't really want to be driving that car around with a "test drive plate". I've heard that I could export the car out of the country to get "repaired" and bring it back as long as the duration aboard is less than half year. Sounds pretty tempting if I could ever afford to buy a brand new one in TW and swap out everything from my current car.

Let me know if you would be interested in a set of HKS Kansai exhaust and AMS downpipes. Heck, I even have a set of HREs in TW, that I would be willing to sell at a bargain if you are interested. Hehe...if you are interested, I got the following that could go on a 2012.
- JUN cams
- Downforce Aero rear spoiler lip
- ADV1 Wheels w/ Dunlop Tires
- Whiteline sway bar set
- DEKA mirror garnish
- HKS Kansai exhaust
Thanks for the reply!

My mom actually brought her 6 back to Taiwan. It is bone stock so I'm pretty sure she will pass relatively easily. BUT, the painful part is, it arrived to Taiwan about half month ago, and is still in line for the tests until early DECEMBER. The line for imports is huge now, need to wait at least 3 months before you can get it checked, and if the car didn't pass the 1st time, need to go back in line for another 3 months. It is a huge pain if you don't have the patience. lol

back to your list, I am kind of tight on my budget, but how much are you selling the Downforce aero rear spoiler lip? Is it CF?
and for HKS Kansai exhaust, do you have any audio clip? I can't seem to find it anywhere, and how much are you selling it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sounds like me: came from Taiwan to Socal first. You're very lucky to get to drive it in the nice mountains there. The eastern roads to Yilan and Hualien must be an amazing experience. I'll never forget driving with the top down in Kenting

For the exhaust, as long as you don't go completely decatted you should be fine. So i'd leave the downpipe cats in if you're worried about passing emission and keeping the sound low. A midpipe alone with a tune will get you mad power.
Also, people seem to really love the HKS legamax.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys for the warm welcome and friendly reply, I know I will definitely enjoy my stay here at this forum.

Sounds like me: came from Taiwan to Socal first. You're very lucky to get to drive it in the nice mountains there. The eastern roads to Yilan and Hualien must be an amazing experience. I'll never forget driving with the top down in Kenting

For the exhaust, as long as you don't go completely decatted you should be fine. So i'd leave the downpipe cats in if you're worried about passing emission and keeping the sound low. A midpipe alone with a tune will get you mad power.
Also, people seem to really love the HKS legamax.
haha, thanks, I feel lucky already having this dream car of mine.
And yes, I did drive through the mountain road to Yilan a few days ago when it was still raining hard. I could NOT believe how well this car handles and how tightly it sticks to the ground with such bad weather condition.
I do miss, however, the open roads in States. I was able to drive pretty darn fast with my little IS when there were no cops around. :p
In Taiwan, there are cameras and traffic everywhere. I could never find a chance to open the throttle.

thanks for the advice on midpipe and exhaust. There are so many choices out there and I canNOT make up my mind.
Is HKS legamax loud? I read its only 1dB louder than stock.. :( But from youtube, they seems pretty loud.
Can someone help me out?

Thanks!!!

·
Vendors
5,910 Posts
welcome very nice GTR! I am currently in Taipei and have white GTR, what part of Taiwan are you in? There are a few GTR owners up north that go for mountain runs every once in awhile....welcome to join us if you are interested.

Derek

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
welcome very nice GTR! I am currently in Taipei and have white GTR, what part of Taiwan are you in? There are a few GTR owners up north that go for mountain runs every once in awhile....welcome to join us if you are interested.

Derek
Thanks for the warm welcome!! I live in Xinyi district near 101. Please let me know if you guys are hanging out and I will try to attend to them if schedule allowed.

I can't help but also noticed that you are a vendor, do you sell MIT parts for GTR? I'm in a market for making my car unique!! XD

Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts