Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had grinding noise when reversing and turning the steering wheel? I have read some articles and threads some say from the front cv but the problem is i feel it from the back differential which i have recently took it down and checked it and it was fine.. If anyone had this before or knows what is the solution to get rid of this grinding annoying noise please let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
It is from the rear diff. It'S a good noise to hear so you know it is working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
No, warm or not, you will still hear it maybe just not a s pronounced when warm. Maybe don‘t refer it as grind, is the sound of locking and unlocking of the plates in the diff.

Some FAQ:
http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6800

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
This just sounds like diff binding caused by sharp turns at low speeds like parking or coming out of a driveway. Just put it into RWD mode by holding down the Save selector switch until it blinks and problem solved.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This just sounds like diff binding caused by sharp turns at low speeds like parking or coming out of a driveway. Just put it into RWD mode by holding down the Save selector switch until it blinks and problem solved.
I've been getting a grinding/shuddering sound when reversing and turning just recently as well.
The only thing I've had done is the trams/diff fluid changed and noticed it afterwards

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Time for a clutch relearn if it's chatter.

Will take care of it ASAP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.