Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Great Vid . 5.0 was pulling hard
Do u guys know any thing about this gtr ..

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Wow!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
The top end on that stang ... Impressive

·
Registered
645 Posts
Is he an owner here... Would like to hear what's behind those races...

If that's a real 1100 whp GTR... That top of the mustang is not normal.. Maybe Nos?
Assuming that mustang is running somewhere around this power figure and not ALOT more than that.. Which then makes it a normal and expected ending...

Sent from my SM-G900F using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Looks like 1100 whp GTR when healthy. Just because it dynoed 1100 whp doesn't mean it was running like it that night. Looks like mechanical issues to me.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
They did leave the bike way behind. Maybe it's a legit a 1500whp stang...

·
Registered
645 Posts
They did leave the bike way behind. Maybe it's a legit a 1500whp stang...
I think this is more logical to me... They mentioned a trap.. But that doesn't give the right power figure when looking AWD vs rwd in quarter...

·
7.9 @ 175mph (Gen 3 SBD1400R)
8,564 Posts
Car is a standard Hellion kit for the 2011-2014 5.0 Mustang with a Ball-Bearing PTE6466 upgrade.

Has a MPR built long block.

Makes just over 1100whp, but I do think is was probably nearing 1200whp on that race....

Those were 60 mph rolls, FYI.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good race with a buddy of mine. I don't know specifics on the GTR but owner said it had been 160+ in the 1/4. It has that night carbon fiber intake manifold, full boltons, and I'm not sure what turbos. Races were 60 rolls. First one he couldn't hear the honk so we used the supras flashers as the christmas tree.

·
7.9 @ 175mph (Gen 3 SBD1400R)
8,564 Posts
Apparently the GTR was not running Alpha turbos per the vehicle graphics, but an AAM900 factory manifold turbo upgrade.

That explains the variance.

·
Slow & Fun
1,056 Posts
There will always be another faster car ... :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
For sure there is always a faster car... But even if that stang was making around 1200whp this top end pull shows way more than that..

Now aam900 stock manifold is not going to make that much easily....

It's clearly they exaggerated in the power number of that gtr and used trap numbers as a comparison to show similarities which was also misleading...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
^^You think the Mustang is making more than 1200rwhp after Chris from SBD posted it was not? The owner of the Mustang posted in this thread,you could ask him if it's more than 1200 instead of making assumptions. Just sayin...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm still working on the traction aspect of this car and hooking 1200+whp is just not happening right now. The car is still on the standard 3" intercooler and factory transmission so I can't put the screw to it yet, even if I wasn't traction-limited.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I'm still working on the traction aspect of this car and hooking 1200+whp is just not happening right now. The car is still on the standard 3" intercooler and factory transmission so I can't put the screw to it yet, even if I wasn't traction-limited.
Welcome to the forum,thats a badass Mustang!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum,thats a badass Mustang!
Thank you. I made this profile back a few years ago and normally just read up on these badass cars

1 - 20 of 217 Posts