Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know a lot of you seen the latest Alpha 10 kit with the additional ported throttle bodies and prototype intake manifolds that AMS was hyping on their blog a few weeks back. Article can be seen here: http://blog.amsperfo...ook-out-philly/

Well the owner wanted to see it in action on the dyno personally so we hit the trustful AWD dynojet (PSI PROformance) and had some fun. Afterwards we went out on a closed course and made a few quick test passes. MS109E fuel was in the tank and the car was running 20" wheels with E/T streets in the rear and drag radials in the front. Car stayed perfectly stable on the dyno.

Hope you enjoy the video! I will be posting more of the car as the season progresses so please subscribe. We may be hitting the dyno again but the car will be setup rear wheel drive to avoid overheating the stock front clutch pack so keep tuned.

Mod list:
  • AMS Alpha 10 Turbo System
  • Balanced and Blueprinted VR38 AMS Race Engine
  • AMS GT-R Ferrea Cylinder Head Component Package
  • AMS Alpha Series Custom Camshafts
  • AMS Alpha 10 Transmission by Sheptrans. Upgraded with Dodson and PPG components
  • Alpha Race Downpipes
  • Customer supplied midpipe
  • Customer supplied 90mm exhuast
  • AMS Front Mount Intercooler Upgrade
  • AMS 76mm High-Flow Intercooler Piping
  • HKS SSQV Blow Off Valves
  • AMS Alpha Induction Intake Piping
  • K&N Air Filters
  • AMS Map Sensor Upgrade
  • AMS Spec. Upgraded Fuel Injectors
  • AMS Alpha Series fuel system upgrades
  • Cobb AccessPORT tuning system
  • Alpha coolant expansion tank
  • Alpha ported Throttle bodies
  • Alpha prototype intake manifold
Peak power was 1059 wheel horsepower on MS109E @30psi
Peak power was 832 wheel horsepower on 93 octane pump gas
@23psi

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
sickness!

·
GT-R R35
252 Posts
What a beast!! What is that music / theme from? Since I love videogames It kind of me reminds me of something along those lines...

What did it feel like when you were doing pulls on the street? I ( but haven't experienced yet ) The car is a rocket on 4 wheels in stock-mode ( calling the GT-R " stock " makes me smile
)
but this is something completly else...Megapowered Godzilla !!

I want to see more of this beast in motion! Fly-by´s , in-car, out-side and hood cam videoclips !!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What a beast!! What is that music / theme from? Since I love videogames It kind of me reminds me of something along those lines...

What did it feel like when you were doing pulls on the street? I ( but haven't experienced yet ) The car is a rocket on 4 wheels in stock-mode ( calling the GT-R " stock " makes me smile
)
but this is something completly else...Megapowered Godzilla !!

I want to see more of this beast in motion! Fly-by´s , in-car, out-side and hood cam videoclips !!
"I'm a Boss" by Meek Mill

It's definitely wild inside. Fastest car I've ever been in for sure. The in-car pulls do look a little "slow" but not to sound cocky my hands pretty steady when videoing. I expected the videos to be way more shakey but they turned out a little plain looking so i can't complain. I'm sure if i was bouncing all over it would of looked more entertaining. I've been in 700whp evo's and porsches, this exact GT-R when it was in the 700whp range as well, and there is no comparison. On of the things that makes this feel the way it does is that over 800ftlbs of torque keeps climbing, and the trans shifts instantly so it just never stops pulling. The G-forces feel like a roller coaster, makes your stomach jumpy/turn a little on some pulls. I would be curious to see how a UGC TT Gallardo would feel in comaprison with more power. It just sucks theres not always road to stretch the legs of cars this fast.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CF hood and trunk are on, hoping the weather clears up and we can have it out and about again soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts