Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gives (other than my camber settings)?

I'm not sure why it can't--thoughts are: Hoosier grip, not tying it down to trailer via factory T-hook locations (too low w/ coilovers & 18s), the violence of Solo manuevers (I am an admitted madman throwing the car around), or a combination of the above?

I have the Sunline eccentrics to get more camber, but it did it prior to installing those.

Anyone else having issues?

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
I would have to look at the bolts, but they might be slipping.

On the FWD race car, we used to replace the bolts when they started to slip,and give them an extra tug of torque in the meanwhile. That helped to keep them locked down, but occasionally they would still slip.

Too much G's.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How are you tying down the car? I've seen that cause issues before.
Sean, you may be onto something--too many Gs AND too much weight... My Vettes/Rally Cars never lost alignment like this--but were significatly lighter.

Mike, right now I'm using straps around the rim/tire & tied down cross-ways.

Good luck in the WC program. I followed you when you drove the C6 (great job). I'm anxious to see if you guys can make the platform work out there & truly be competive. I'm sure the car should qualy well, and hopefully has legs. Can you possibly get a fellow SCCA GT-R competitor in on Fri @ St Pete to ck out your program?

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
I am not a huge fan of using the tires to hold a car down, but sometimes you don't have a lot of choices. A car like a GT-R, with all the undertrays is an issue. We would always do the alignment at the shop, then at the track when we unloaded the car.

I am assuming when you say its not holding alignment, you are referring to camber.

Font Auto part Parallel Engineering Drawing

The OEM spec says to tighten the bolts to 74 lb-ft. I would have a good look at what is slipping, see about replacing the bolts, and maybe giving them a little more love.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.