Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Hopefully that wasn't you as that is the number 1 way to f'up your all wheel drive. I've witneesed 2 cars now that have blown their awd doing that very same thing. It actually says not to do it in the owners manual.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
More of "Daddy's money" then brains!

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts
Has one of the front fenders been replaced why is one black? Driving like that I wouldn't be surprised.
+1...the driver side fender does seem to be darker...weird...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hopefully that wasn't you as that is the number 1 way to f'up your all wheel drive. I've witneesed 2 cars now that have blown their awd doing that very same thing. It actually says not to do it in the owners manual.
No kidding. Excuse my ignorance, but don't you accomplish that in a rear wheel drive by holding the brakes and accelerator at the same time? Doesn't that royally screw up AWD?

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
No kidding. Excuse my ignorance, but don't you accomplish that in a rear wheel drive by holding the brakes and accelerator at the same time? Doesn't that royally screw up AWD?
Uh no you don't use the brakes at all to do donuts...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Uh no you don't use the brakes at all to do donuts...
From another forum-

"With an automatic, you should first shift into 2 (or L or whatever it's called in your car - the idea is to choose the gear used to climb hills, so you get the most torque). You then apply moderate pressure on the brake pedal with your left foot, and then floor the throttle completely with your right foot. The rear wheels should now start spinning while the locked front wheels hold the car in one place. If the wheels don't start spinning, back off the brake pedal a little bit. As your rear wheels start spinning, slowly get off the brake pedal until the car starts moving. Start to turn the wheel and release the brake pedal more, and as you speed up, turn the wheel more sharply and take most of the pressure off the brake pedal. The car will jump forward and turn sharply, and the rear will be moving sideways. If you start to slow down, apply the brakes lightly, and back off the brakes as you start to spin faster."

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
From another forum-

"With an automatic, you should first shift into 2 (or L or whatever it's called in your car - the idea is to choose the gear used to climb hills, so you get the most torque). You then apply moderate pressure on the brake pedal with your left foot, and then floor the throttle completely with your right foot. The rear wheels should now start spinning while the locked front wheels hold the car in one place. If the wheels don't start spinning, back off the brake pedal a little bit. As your rear wheels start spinning, slowly get off the brake pedal until the car starts moving. Start to turn the wheel and release the brake pedal more, and as you speed up, turn the wheel more sharply and take most of the pressure off the brake pedal. The car will jump forward and turn sharply, and the rear will be moving sideways. If you start to slow down, apply the brakes lightly, and back off the brakes as you start to spin faster."
or...just turn the steering wheel until it locks, effectively doing the same thing as putting brakes on the front wheels without touching the rears... This won't work on a GT-R anyway since it i isn't an auto, and only stick shifts can do good donuts. All those others do fake donuts, like jelly donuts...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.