Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

I recently purchased a R35 GT-R 2016!
Included in the car was a Linney Titan Street Performer Exhaust (Picture provided on the bottom)

Car is not loud enough for my taste. As I can tell, this exhaust setup has huge mufflers on the back.
Im thinking of removing the mufflers, will that give me a louder sound without sounding completely unrefined?

Car is stock except for exhaust. Any tips would be appreciated :)

Extra question: Is this exhaust Decent / Good?
Automotive lighting Body jewelry Bicycle part Font Jewellery

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I have this exhaust and love it - can be quiet when you want it to be, but roars to life when you get on the throttle. If you plan to do more upgrades, downpipes will definitely increase the volume. Of course it may be exactly what you are looking for, but many who "want it loud" go with straight pipe exhaust, then wish they didn't because it's too loud and drones like crazy. If you don't plan on more upgrades (downpipes require a tune and other supporting parts - 3" intake and injectors highly recommended), then maybe a straight pipe option is for you - you should have no problem selling your Titan Street in the exhaust marketplace here, and may even find a straight pipe here as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have this exhaust and love it - can be quiet when you want it to be, but roars to life when you get on the throttle. If you plan to do more upgrades, downpipes will definitely increase the volume. Of course it may be exactly what you are looking for, but many who "want it loud" go with straight pipe exhaust, then wish they didn't because it's too loud and drones like crazy. If you don't plan on more upgrades (downpipes require a tune and other supporting parts - 3" intake and injectors highly recommended), then maybe a straight pipe option is for you - you should have no problem selling your Titan Street in the exhaust marketplace here, and may even find a straight pipe here as well.
Thank you for your answer!

If I remove the mufflers from current exhaust, will that increase the sound noticeably?

Don't feel like doing downpipes + tune

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It's a decent exhaust yes, hard to find nowadays.
Don't attemp to remove the mufflers ..that's just not right lol.

As much as you don't wanna hear it, do Catless down pipes, 3" intakes, ID 1300 injetors and call it a day!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
A straight pipe on a R35 sounds like shit. Change my mind.

·
Registered
2020 Bayside Blue
100 Posts
IMO, removing the mufflers is an unknown sound variable and you will be destroying a nice exhaust in the process. There are exhaust out there that have no mufflers. Listen to some video and buy one of those. If you like the one you end up with, sell the other. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I say this every time - sound preference is subjective and videos/sound clips will only tell half the story. It may be difficult if there aren't many GT-Rs in your area, but the best way to determine whether a certain setup is for you is to find a local owner (car meet, etc) who has a similar setup to what you want and listen to it in person. Same reason you don't buy speakers based on listening to videos of them!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I Agree Don't Ruin the exhaust see if you can find a used the Linney Titan 102 "Race" rear section it has no mufflers and will bolt up to your mid pipe. IMHO GTRs don't sound very good straight piped even worst at stock power levels sound like a trumpet. Or you could find some used catless downpipes with the current exhaust and it will sound louder but still have a refined tone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts