Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,247 Posts

· Registered
6,807 Posts
I'm thinking about if I should buy it or not, can enyone tell me everything that's on the dvd, and how long is it? Thanks!
It's one of Clarkson's better videos. Nice segments with...

- the GT-R
- Lambo Gallardo Performante
- Bimmer 5-series estate
- some awesome little track car (kind of like the Atom) which I cannot remember the name of now
- the Eagle E-type tribute they featured on Top Gear last season
- Jensen Interceptor with updated bits

and a few more.

· Registered
6,807 Posts
I completely forgot about the McLaren... that was a great segment too.

· AMGfan
2,779 Posts
I watched it last night...I downloaded the torrent. Couple of things:

1. The Mclaren is a phenomenal ride but left me wanting...it probably has everything to do with how it looks. It is functional just not very aesthetically pleasing. The GTR isn't a looker but it looks big and brawny...which I like but it isn't pretty like an E type or Aston.
2. The M1 coupe really looks like a FUN car as stock...just to thrash around like Clarkson did. I like its squatty proportions...like a bulldog. I'd love to get one in white...I even tried to slide it by my wife as a present to her but ixnay...she didn't like how it looked. So she ended up with a C300 coupe...damn her.
3. The track looks like a lot of fun! Clarkson and the boys are very lucky to have the jobs that they have...
4. I don't get the Interceptor.
5. The homage to the E-type (The Eagle) looks great...but 1/2 a million pounds?
6. I wish they would have done a race between the McLaren and the GTR around the track...or at least a timed lap of each and superimpose the images (a la Fifth Gear).

Overall...nice video...Clarkson is Clarkson...Mr. Hyperbole but enjoyable nonetheless...

· Registered
6,807 Posts
I'd love to see them do a tuner episode stacking the more prominent tuner cars against stock cars and each other.

On a quick thread hijacking note...
AMGfan, you still happy with your choice on the red Premium 2012? I'm queuing up to order a 2013 and with the suspected large price hike on the BE and my pre-disposed favoritism to red, I'm thinking I may pick a red premium as my order. I just wish I could see the Blue Pearl in person before I make my final decision.

· Registered
229 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.