Registered
468 Posts
Thank you very much Chinaski.
Great quality!
Much appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm thinking about if I should buy it or not, can enyone tell me everything that's on the dvd, and how long is it? Thanks!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm thinking about if I should buy it or not, can enyone tell me everything that's on the dvd, and how long is it? Thanks!
It lasts 1h09.
It has Clarkson talking about his favorite cars of 2011.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
It's one of Clarkson's better videos. Nice segments with...

- the GT-R
- Lambo Gallardo Performante
- Bimmer 5-series estate
- some awesome little track car (kind of like the Atom) which I cannot remember the name of now
- the Eagle E-type tribute they featured on Top Gear last season
- Jensen Interceptor with updated bits

and a few more.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
I didnt like the whole thing, but it was good. i loved the gt-r segmant and the mclaren and the 458. and the end of it was interesting and i liked that part alot.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I completely forgot about the McLaren... that was a great segment too.

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
I watched it last night...I downloaded the torrent. Couple of things:

1. The Mclaren is a phenomenal ride but left me wanting...it probably has everything to do with how it looks. It is functional just not very aesthetically pleasing. The GTR isn't a looker but it looks big and brawny...which I like but it isn't pretty like an E type or Aston.
2. The M1 coupe really looks like a FUN car as stock...just to thrash around like Clarkson did. I like its squatty proportions...like a bulldog. I'd love to get one in white...I even tried to slide it by my wife as a present to her but ixnay...she didn't like how it looked. So she ended up with a C300 coupe...damn her.
3. The track looks like a lot of fun! Clarkson and the boys are very lucky to have the jobs that they have...
4. I don't get the Interceptor.
5. The homage to the E-type (The Eagle) looks great...but 1/2 a million pounds?
6. I wish they would have done a race between the McLaren and the GTR around the track...or at least a timed lap of each and superimpose the images (a la Fifth Gear).

Overall...nice video...Clarkson is Clarkson...Mr. Hyperbole but enjoyable nonetheless...

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I'd love to see them do a tuner episode stacking the more prominent tuner cars against stock cars and each other.

On a quick thread hijacking note...
AMGfan, you still happy with your choice on the red Premium 2012? I'm queuing up to order a 2013 and with the suspected large price hike on the BE and my pre-disposed favoritism to red, I'm thinking I may pick a red premium as my order. I just wish I could see the Blue Pearl in person before I make my final decision.

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts
I was think the same thing...he would go bonkers...Alpha 12 or Switzer R1K vs a Bugatti...a real race with them face to face. Clarkson could pull that off.
if i had the means i'd bring my own tuned GTR to england and wait outside of his office until he came out and just ask him to TRY IT. XD

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
I'm still happy...Granted, I haven't driven it since June...but I believe the finished product will be a little faster (thanks ahead of time Switzer team) and more exclusive than the 2012 Red BE that I would have ordered. The blue pearl would have been my second choice...

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Just watched the DVD . It's amazing :) love the GTR !

·
Registered
232 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.