Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently in the market for a 2013-2016 GT-R, but I’m wondering if I should maybe wait this out a little into 2022 and see where the prices are headed. Right now as we all know with everything going on prices on pretty much all things automotive have gone up dramatically. Seeing as I’m in no rush for the car right now do y’all see prices coming down by maybe March-April 2022. I know it’s impossible to predict what prices will be but I figured if anyone would have an idea it would be on here. Thanks y’all!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Generally prices on sports cars will rise in the spring. Add that to the R35 finally coming to the end of production and inflation at an all time high. I highly doubt prices as a whole will be going down anytime soon if ever.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just watch high oil prices for the end of the current inflationary environment.Oil is going much higher.

The current inflation is being cause by supply disruptions. It's not monetary inflation.
High oil prices will lead to another deflationary collapse like 2009.
These high oil prices will squeeze everything to it's breaking point just as they did in 2008.The Biden Administration with its ESG policies aren't helping.

Follow Brent Johnson( Dollar Milkshake Theory),and Dr. Lacy Hunt on this subject.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The prices of the GT-R are just going to keep going up not down.

Yes and no …
Printing more money is the biggest problem,they did that back in 2008 and now 2020.When the government stopped the oil pipeline in the USA in feb 2020,That makes the price of gas back up to $4 a gallon making people look at Elect cars( starting at $35k) pushing people to buy elect cars That was the reason they stopped the oil drilling .

Key Takeaways
When prices soar over 50% in one month, the economy is experiencing hyperinflation.
This is can be caused by a government that prints more money than its nation’s GDP can support.
Hyperinflation tends to occur during a period of economic turmoil or depression.
Demand-pull inflation can also cause hyperinflation. Soaring prices cause people to hoard, creating a rapid rise in demand chasing too few goods. The hoarding may create shortages, aggravating the rate of inflation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
The $USD has been on a tear since bottoming in June 2021.
It is back to its highs in June 2020.
Money printing isn't destroying the value of the dollar. Especially with the FED withdrawing 1.4 Trillion dollars in reverse repo Per Day.
Brent Johnson covers this in his "Dollar Milkshake Theory".
Inflation is mostly in manufacturing supply disruptions and lockdown policies globally.
When it ends,and it will,massive Deflation will follow.
Bullwhip effect.
Politicians and bankers are using lockdowns to delay the Deflation. They fear Deflation more than inflation.
The FEDs low interest rate policies have done more damage to the average persons ability to save and pension fund than anything else.
Tech is being sold off due to the rising rates and JNK is rising.
A Corporate bond blowout will destroy most Corps who only survive on rolling debt.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
The FED is withdrawing 1.4-1.6 Trillion dollars a day thru Overnight Reverse Repo operations.It's a wash....Look at the dollar,it's rising.

The FED can't print Jobs or goods that have been shut down by lockdowns globally.
The US stock market has been rising because of capital fleeing China and recently the EU.Its flowing into America.
Everytime the FED does QE rates rise. The 10 year chart shows this to be true when overlayed with QE operations by the FED.
The FED is in a box....It either allows rates to rise and saves every pension in America and Europe that is funded with US or Euro dollars.(More US Dollars are created in Europe than in America....)

Or it saves the equity markets and keeps rates low.
The FED can't save both.
The WSJ covered the lack of funding within pension funds last week due to NIRP by Central banks in America and the EU.
Currently Tech has been selling their shares they purchased over the years because they can't meet debt payments on their bonds.Rising JNK-Corporate bond market yields destroys over 80% of US tech companies from meeting their debt payments or ability to rollover their debt...So they sell their own shares......See Tesla for example.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm not saying the inflation we are seeing isn't real.
It's just not a monetary response to FED printing.
Now other Central Bank printing is having an effect on inflation globally.See Turkey and China....Other Central Bank printing will bleed into global inflation this decade.
Lyn Alden has been saying this decade will resemble a rising staircase of inflation.With swaths of Deflation that levels out inflationary pressures on global markets.
Rising Oil will put an inflationary squeeze on global markets and markets will correct.Long dated Calls were being written for 200 dollar oil last month.
If those 200 call options are hit next year expect Deflation.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Prices will only continue to climb in the foreseeable future. And this is based solely on the supply and demand issue, never mind the finer details listed above already.

Japan GTR orders suspended for 2022

Could I sell mine for a stupid amount of money? Yes. But finding a newer replacement with the features I want for a sane price will be damn near impossible.

The rarity and enjoyment I get out of this platform is currently worth way more than what the market can offer me to give it up.

·
Founder/Admin
26,287 Posts
I also think it will go up but acknowledge it will level off when the rest of the market does but I think the prices will stay in the upper part of that new normal when it happens. so no I dont see a full return for the GTR to prices even 2-3 years ago. I think the special editions and NISMOs having a sharper curve up and will be less affected by the leveling off as there are just so few of them

as for the economic talk nothing exists in a bubble so its interesting to get perspective and read opinions on that aspect of it as well from members

1 - 12 of 12 Posts