Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Some of you are probably already familiar with ZDayZ... if not, you should check it out...

http://www.zdayz.com

It is a 4-day weekend event (May 17-20) for Nissan sports cars held near Tail of the Dragon on the NC/TN border. It was started (by yours truly) as a Z-car event and has become one of the premier Nissan events of each year, not catering to Zs, Gs. and GT-Rs. It's one of those events that, when you have gone once, you will definitely come back. Lots of great roads, great cars, and best of all great enthusiasts.

Sooooooo....
this year since I have a GT-R again, I'm combining my desire for a road trip with attending ZDayZ. So, in addition to ZDayZ weekend itself, I have organized a southeast drive which will take place May 12-16 and end at ZDayZ. Patrick McGinnis (HKYStormfront) will be riding shotgun to shoot the drive and write an article for both online and regular magazines. We'd love to some GT-R owners come out and either join in the drive or just meet us at one of our stops. This link leads to the event page I have created on Facebook. There you can find another link which leads to a detailed itinerary. Hope we see some of you during the journey!

http://www.facebook....98326026848634/

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ricky, not sure what your schedule is like, but if you drive we can try to meet up on the way. My route takes me through Nashville on Tues, May 15 and Kentucky Wed, then onto ZDayZ Thursday first thing.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ok, we are now discussing driving with you guys for this. If that's the case we'll meet you in Nashville. We aren't leaving Denver until the 13th, last year we left Sunday and arrived in Gallatin (friend lives there) mid-late afternoon Monday. If anyone needs a place to stay at Zdayz, we are looking for other people to stay at the mansion we rented. Oh, and I sent you a friend request on FB.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool! we can coordinate more via PM here or on FB if you decide to jump in. Not sure if you looked at the full 'tour' link above, but we have some cool car and non-car oriented stops planned from Nashville. We will be trying to go on the Nissan-Smyrna plant tour the morning in Nashville, so I may need to get a headcount for that one. From there everything is pretty flying-by-the-seat-of-our-pants planning. Route is set so you can get to ZDayZ Wed evening or Thurs around lunchtime (wasn't sure how everyone booked there rooms at Fontana so did not want that to limit a decision to join the tour).

·
Registered
480 Posts
I strongly urge more GT-R owners to come out to this amazing event. It really is the best automotive based event I have ever attended, it has such a great atmosphere with so many cool people. Not to mention the location! It is the perfect get away for any car guy.

Check this out: ZdayZ 2011 Coverage

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.