Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here is a longish video of myself chasing down two more GT-R's this past Sunday at New Jersey Motorsports Park's Thunderbolt race track. It was my second track day with the car and it performed like a champion. The only cars that had a chance were.. no big surprise, other GT-R's.

Figured some of you might enjoy.

Don't forget to watch HD and full screen.

·
GT-R CRAZY
399 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Damn, You pushed him to his limits lol. I'm assuming thats what happened. He just wanted to keep you behind him, and oops. Looked like he went off on a pretty level part of the track though. Could have been a lot worse than a dirt bath.

In any case nice vid and good driving. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could afford to really track my car as it would be an awesome hobby. For now I'll just have to stick with my nitro/gas RC tracking lol.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Nice what's with the random hood strip and leaders blue doors

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here is a longish video of myself chasing down two more GT-R's this past Sunday at New Jersey Motorsports Park's Thunderbolt race track. It was my second track day with the car and it performed like a champion. The only cars that had a chance were.. no big surprise, other GT-R's. Figured some of you might enjoy. Don't forget to watch HD and full screen.
You drive a much better line than either of those guys.

·
Registered
513 Posts
off center racing stripe ftw!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Better lines better driving=no dirt bath
Agreed. I actually ended up off track at one point because I tried to take a late point by from a 996 GT2 and he didn't let off the gas at all and I ended up being a little too fast into the turn. I could have recovered with only two wheels off, but I would have demolished the apex cone and I decided to just use the runoff instead. I guess it's only fair if I show that video also.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I actually ended up off track at one point because I tried to take a late point by from a 996 GT2 and he didn't let off the gas at all and I ended up being a little too fast into the turn. I could have recovered with only two wheels off, but I would have demolished the apex cone and I decided to just use the runoff instead. I guess it's only fair if I show that video also.
There's no point holding up others behind. On a track day, you aren't racing anyone, you are sharing the track to reduce costs and have fun. With cars that are close in power, make the pass as safe as possible by letting off a bit. I'm sure he would want the same courtesy. On bi-directional single lane street roads, this courtesy can be extended to your comrades when being passed, not that it occurs often.
Nice driving and video btw.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
There's no point holding up others behind. On a track day, you aren't racing anyone, you are sharing the track to reduce costs and have fun. With cars that are close in power, make the pass as safe as possible by letting off a bit. I'm sure he would want the same courtesy. On bi-directional single lane street roads, this courtesy can be extended to your comrades when being passed, not that it occurs often.
Nice driving and video btw.
Porsche guy was a dick.

Unfortunately, a characteristic shared by MANY of his co-owners. Some are cool. Many are NOT.

Shawn

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Nice session

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.