Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
As many of you have probably seen on our car and some other very well known R35's, we have been quietly making these drag wing setups for a little while now, and are finally ready to do an official public release!

The GT1R Drag Wing was designed to improve the aerodynamics of the R35 chassis for straight line acceleration. Downforce always comes with some amount of drag, so often the goal in straight line racing is to minimize drag to improve acceleration. While it would be awesome to spend a day in a wind tunnel testing stuff like this, we don't have the resources to make that happen and doing so would increase the cost of the product significantly.

Instead, we built what we thought would work well, and we think we succeeded. The quickest GTR in the world uses it (AMS Alpha Omega - 7.48 at 192.9mph) and the fastest GTR in the US uses it (Pikes Peak Racing - 246mph at the Colorado Mile). We think these results speak volumes.

As a bonus, this combo looks bad ass AND saves a few pounds. The stock trunk and spoiler weigh 20.5lbs. The GT1R trunk and wing weigh 15.9lbs.
You'll be setting records and winning car shows immediately after installing this combo! *(results may vary)

The fit of the wing on the trunk and car is very specific. The only way we can ensure proper fitment is to provide a fully assembled trunk/wing that you will simply bolt on to the car. No fitting or adjustments need to be made on your end other than centering the trunk on the car at the 4 bolts on the hinges. The wing struts connect to the trunk itself, so the trunk remains fully operational without having to disconnect the wing struts or anything.

The kit includes our gloss carbon fiber wing, a gloss carbon fiber trunk, and new stainless steel mounting hardware for the trunk hinges (the factory ones often get damaged on removal, the hex is very shallow on them).

To ensure safe shipment on this, the product ships in a wooden crate via truck. Shipping to most US locations is $225. The crate costs us more than return shipping, so we will also arrange for a pickup of the empty crate at our expense when you're finished unpacking everything.

The prices is $3,795 and we are now taking orders, but will generally require 1-2 weeks before shipping. We strive to be as honest as possible with lead times or delays, and if there are any we will notify you immediately! Product can be found on our site, and purchased there as well:

http://www.t1racedevelopment.com/category/gt1r-parts/gt1r-drag-wing.html

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Could not be happier with the way mine turned out

Highly recommend this amazing product

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
I have this T1 drag wing and trunk on my car. It is functional, fit great and looks very nice on the car. I would definitely recommend this set up to anyone interested. Thanks again guys. See you next weekend.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The parachute may cause some to question your motives on the highway. Love that wing.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First off thanks so much for the support guys, Tony and the techs really strive to make our products like this as top notch as possible. Ill pass on the praise to all of them. I do have a few more pictures, but they get a bit repetitive!

Unabomber's car doing work at the 1/2 mile with it:

·
T1 Race Development
1,378 Posts
FYI, in case anyone is trying to make sense of Unabomber's wing, his is a couple inches shorter by request.

·
Registered
903 Posts
That great .. I was looking for this wing long time ago ..

Is there a way to only buy the wing and the bolts and just install it on the oem trunk ?

And im more interested in the shorter version just like the one on unibomber's gtr

·
Registered
882 Posts
looks great, great work, t1.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That great .. I was looking for this wing long time ago ..

Is there a way to only buy the wing and the bolts and just install it on the oem trunk ?

And im more interested in the shorter version just like the one on unibomber's gtr
Sorry it is sold as a complete unit due to how the wing is made and fitted.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts