Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hey everyone,

It's time to get together...I am also going to the track this weekend if this ever-evolving weather will give us some stable sunny weather...so we could combine the two.

Saturday and Sunday are open -although the Weather Network says Saturday has thunderstorms...Sunday is universally seen as clear (again so far)...

What say you my fellow GTR owners?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
im in for meet, maybe track

·
Registered
231 Posts
I can probably make it...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Staman - I look forward to seeing your 2011!

Weather update...as a totally serious question - why does it seem that they cannot predict the weather within one day anymore? Yes I'm frustrated.

One weather channel says we are okay for the weekend - the other - says rain on both days.

I will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Perhaps.

Couldn't do both the meet and Cayuga though since that's going an hour in the wrong direction just to get to the meet (if in the same location), then an hour back and then 30 mins to Cayuga (I'm 30 mins from Cayuga over here in Hamilton).

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perhaps.

Couldn't do both the meet and Cayuga though since that's going an hour in the wrong direction just to get to the meet (if in the same location), then an hour back and then 30 mins to Cayuga (I'm 30 mins from Cayuga over here in Hamilton).
Oh Erik - you can make it...

By Thursday I should (hopefully) have a good idea about the weather...and the track would be first (in your neck of the woods) and then the meet in the evening...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Boys...Sunday is looking possible...

Let me know if anyone is in...I'm thinking our normal meeting place at 400 and 7 at the Costco parking lot or the parking lot right across (Lansing?)...start time came be anywhere from 4-6 PM.

Who is in?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I am

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol - so far its you, Staman and me...the weather (again so far) is showing Sunday to be a very nice day - so I plan to hit the track if the weather holds. I might even try my race fuel settings...

As for the meet - if more people chime in - we can decide on a meeting time...

Guys - let me know either way if you can make it or not...

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
Jeremy Id love to make it but I land sunday night

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeremy Id love to make it but I land sunday night
How long you down for Gary? I am away next weekend...but maybe the weekend after that?

Right now - unless someone pipes up - the meet looks very unlikely anyway...Mike and I may just go to the track and cruise later...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
How long you down for Gary? I am away next weekend...but maybe the weekend after that?

Right now - unless someone pipes up - the meet looks very unlikely anyway...Mike and I may just go to the track and cruise later...
may try out the RS4 on the track, its my first manual car, and while i have done plenty manual recreational driving, I'm not sure I'm quite ready for the road course/quick drag strip launch/shifts quite yet

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
may try out the RS4 on the track, its my first manual car, and while i have done plenty manual recreational driving, I'm not sure I'm quite ready for the road course/quick drag strip launch/shifts quite yet
It's all in fun Mike - no way but to try it out...

I asked Erik if he wants to go - I will let you know. I am going to the track and will try at least 2 of my race fuel settings. I have bought the Q16 (two 5 galloncans for a total of 10 gallons) and although I know the tires - which are already slipping on my pump fuel settings will likely not get any better, there is a competition on Saturday and Sunday - so the track should be in good shape. If I'm not flailing all over the place I will try my two highest settings if only to get a trap speed and see what she is capable of. I'm only looking to do 3-4 race fuel passes - and then I will switch back to pump.

My roll cage is in - videos and pics to come - and I'm really happy with it - so no issues with teching.

It's exciting. If I get some traction, I'm hoping for a 9.8-9.9 on race fuel setting one (the psi is about equal to my first race fuel setting 24-24.5), mid 9.6-9.7 on setting two, mid 9.5-low 9.6 on setting three and a 9.4-low 9.5 on my highest setting (which is still 32 of 35 psi maximum - Switzer will up it after they see my logs - just like they did with my pump fuel settings) - all on 20" rims and R888's with a high 1.6 to low to mid 1.7 60 foot (my best has been a 1.67 on my 9.91 so far). If I have no traction I could do times in the 10's - just with a very high MPH.

I'm going to get there for 10ish, to 1030...let me know if you want to meet at the gas station again...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
It's all in fun Mike - no way but to try it out...

I asked Erik if he wants to go - I will let you know. I am going to the track and will try at least 2 of my race fuel settings. I have bought the Q16 (two 5 galloncans for a total of 10 gallons) and although I know the tires - which are already slipping on my pump fuel settings will likely not get any better, there is a competition on Saturday and Sunday - so the track should be in good shape. If I'm not flailing all over the place I will try my two highest settings if only to get a trap speed and see what she is capable of. I'm only looking to do 3-4 race fuel passes - and then I will switch back to pump.

My roll cage is in - videos and pics to come - and I'm really happy with it - so no issues with teching.

It's exciting. If I get some traction, I'm hoping for a 9.8-9.9 on race fuel setting one (the psi is about equal to my first race fuel setting 24-24.5), mid 9.6-9.7 on setting two, mid 9.5-low 9.6 on setting three and a 9.4-low 9.5 on my highest setting (which is still 32 of 35 psi maximum - Switzer will up it after they see my logs - just like they did with my pump fuel settings) - all on 20" rims and R888's with a high 1.6 to low to mid 1.7 60 foot (my best has been a 1.67 on my 9.91 so far). If I have no traction I could do times in the 10's - just with a very high MPH.

I'm going to get there for 10ish, to 1030...let me know if you want to meet at the gas station again...
are you planning on going saturday or sunday??

try running the toyos on low PSI.
How are you going to get rid of all the fuel in the tank in order to run race gas at the track?
I guess with the roll cage the GTR has become a strictly 2 seater?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
are you planning on going saturday or sunday??

try running the toyos on low PSI.
How are you going to get rid of all the fuel in the tank in order to run race gas at the track?
I guess with the roll cage the GTR has become a strictly 2 seater?
Hey Mike - Sunday as Saturday says rain all day...I am going to drive to track with (hopefully) just enough gas to get there. If I have to - I am going to bring 2 gallons of 94 with me in case I run out on the way and then crawl to the track. My car has always been a two-seater...;)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts