Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Hi Guys,

I received my GTC GT1 Style Dry Carbon Hood recently from Ben Linney at GTC and couldnt be happier. Ben and Navi were both very helpful and the service was quick and great. The hood arrived in a very solid wooden crate to fully protect the part and the install went very smoothly.

The fitment I would say is about 95% in my point of view and the look is just what I was going for. The matte finish on the hood is very nice, but looks like I may apply 3M glossy protection to get a glossy finish to match with the rest of my carbon parts, which are all gloss finish (Lip, sideskirts, mirror covers, side vents, etc...).

The weight savings is very evident as soon as you pick up the new hood, or even when you open the hood after installation, as you will feel the savings in weight.

Here are a few pics of the hood when received and installed and then I had it installed just in time for a small car meet that took place last night. The hood got a lot of attention. Enjoy the pictures and your comments are always welcome.

·
Aм labelled as a trouble мAкE&#1
1,522 Posts
Mashallah Alf Mabrook Bro .. Just apply a clear coat to match the rest of ur CF parts .. Looks awesome on ur Beast

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mashallah Alf Mabrook Bro .. Just apply a clear coat to match the rest of ur CF parts .. Looks awesome on ur Beast
Thanks buddy... Was thinking of applying 3M protective film, which should give it a gloss finish and still be reversible if I ever decide to go back to matte. Will try that and see how it turns out...

·
Slow & Fun
1,056 Posts
Looks nice & aggressive! Awesome shipping job

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Thanks buddy... Was thinking of applying 3M protective film, which should give it a gloss finish and still be reversible if I ever decide to go back to matte. Will try that and see how it turns out...
I would personally NOT have 3M Clear Bra put on this hood. They car going to have to cut it by hand on your hood...you do NOT want them cutting on your dry carbon hood I can assure you.

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Im glad you went with my advice. Looks great buddy, enjoy. Clear 3M or paint it black to look more subtle/cleaner if you want.

Enjoy

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have any pictures of the gaps between the front bumper and fenders?
I have not changed my bumper or fenders, so it is stock. Only change till now is the hood. Not sure I understand why you want to see that gap?? Unless I am confused about the location you want info on....

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
Are the latches really needed? Kinda takes away from the over all clean look. What's the odds that the good will unlatch?

·
Registered
783 Posts
YES!! Great pics!! Can you please post some pics of the underside and some close ups of the cf weave?

I've wanted to buy this hood from them but haven't seen any good pics of the hood.

·
Troller
3,473 Posts
I have not changed my bumper or fenders, so it is stock. Only change till now is the hood. Not sure I understand why you want to see that gap?? Unless I am confused about the location you want info on....
Sometimes after market hoods have bigger gaps between the hood, bumper, and fenders. I just wanted to see what the fitment was like.

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quick question. Are the added good latches really
The latches, as per the manufacturer GTC are not required and the stock hood latches should do the job just fine. However, due to the fact that I track my car quite often, I went with the idea of being better safe than sorry. I have a friend who lost his CF hood during a street race and would never want to be put in that kind of a situation, never mind the dangers associated with that kind of an accident.

Also, I kinda like the look.... Because Race Car... Lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts