Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2010 GTR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I’m new here and sorry if this is the wrong thread. I’m currently building my car to 1400 whp and would like some input. Here are my mods so far.

LMR stage 2 motor(stock crank) tuned on ecutek.
Shep1k with HD gears and DS
Custom GTX turbos good for 1600 whp
Fore triple 525 with upgraded fuel lines
Visconti 12 injector 1300/1700ID
Boostlogic Race intercooler with upgraded piping.

These are all the main mods. Here are some questions….
Is it dangerous to have stock crank at these levels?
What are the chances one of the injectors fail on a 12 injector set up and blow my motor?
How are people making 1500 whp and still have less than 1000 torque?
Should I upgraded to the Extreme HD gears? Thanks in advance. If anyone has advice for my build as well feel free to input.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Asphalt

Musical instrument Blue Wood Musical instrument accessory Electric blue

Sleeve Bumper Automotive lighting Font Rectangle

Brown Product Silver Wood Grey

· Registered
10,313 Posts
I’m making north of what your goal is of 1400 on 6 injectors on a One K with drop gears.

Billet crank - years ago it was a must at that power level, but nowadays - not so sure. Just more coin to replace when you blow things up. Id ask either T1 or Cicio what their thoughts are.

Id do a billet front diff when things are apart. You will eventually pop it and could take the block out when you do, aside from the downtime required to get a new one and get it swapped.

OneK should be fine with drop gears. I’ve had plenty of variations of engines/turbos and mine is still doing what John built it to do pretty good. It’s actually headed to Shep now for a look over since the car is in for maintenance.

I made 1200+ lb ft and it’s all in the tune.

One injector gumming up out of 12 and taking out your motor, doubt it’s an issue. I run 6 and never had an issue.

Again all comes down to the quality of parts, who built it and who tuned it, but think that will be the least of your worries.

I’m also assuming you did axles right ?

· Registered
2010 GTR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m making north of what your goal is of 1400 on 6 injectors on a One K with drop gears.

Billet crank - years ago it was a must at that power level, but nowadays - not so sure. Just more coin to replace when you blow things up. Id ask either T1 or Cicio what their thoughts are.

Id do a billet from diff when things are apart. You will eventually pop it and could take the block out with it.

OneK should be fine with drop gears. I’ve had plenty of variations of engines/turbos and mine is still killing it. It’s actually headed to Shep now for a look over.

One injector humming up out of 12 and taking out your motor, doubt it’s an issue.

Again all comes down to the quality of parts, who built it and who tuned it, but think that will be the least of your worries.

I’m also assuming you did axles right ?
Hello, thanks for the reply! How are you making over 1400 on 6 injectors? This car was already built so a lot of things are carried over for this new build. I have a billet front diff already. I have axles as well. I feel weird asking other shops for advice as I’m not doing a build with them. Lynch said it doesn’t matter what the WHP is and more so how much torque you’re making.

· Registered
2015 GTR 1450whp 1100ft/lbs Cicio Built and Supported
32 Posts
I went ahead and upgraded the crank as well. My car makes over 1400whp. Cicio built my car. Are you doing anything to the cylinder heads? Upgrading the cams, etc.?

· Registered
2015 GTR 1450whp 1100ft/lbs Cicio Built and Supported
32 Posts
Gotcha. What does lynch rate the motor at as far as power handling? That would be your safest bet as they know their build. When I decided on the 1400 power level, I did the billet crank and fire rings, just for added insurance. Figured it was worth spending that now while the motor was out vs paying double labor to do it later.

· Registered
50 Posts
I think you've hit most of the major components needed for that power level. I was told from practically every shop except one in the US and one over seas that I'd need a billet crank over 1300 whp / 1000 tq so decided to just save up some more and go that route. I've seen plenty of people make 1500 on a stock crank but the shops still don't recommend it for one reason or another.

· Registered
2013 Nissan GTR
99 Posts
I'm a bit over 1400whp on 12 injectors

Cicio suggested I did a billet crank as well. I ended up doing a 4.1L billet.
I did a Shep Stage 4 because I plan to add more power in the future and didn't want to send the trans back to Shep. Also updated the front diff.

· Registered
10,313 Posts
Hello, thanks for the reply! How are you making over 1400 on 6 injectors? This car was already built so a lot of things are carried over for this new build. I have a billet front diff already. I have axles as well. I feel weird asking other shops for advice as I’m not doing a build with them. Lynch said it doesn’t matter what the WHP is and more so how much torque you’re making.
That’s what they are around for. Just because you aren’t buying from them now, doesn’t mean you won’t down the road. I find Jan @ Cicio about as approachable anyone I’ve ever met. Has a ton of experience and shares it.

2000cc or 2600cc injectors flow a lot of fuel lol I’m on Cobb too. IDC isn’t even high.

Reactions: amsgtrep

· Registered
1,250 Posts
1600+ hp here on 6 injectors, so 1400 shouldn’t be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
64 Posts
If you make enough torque to need extreme hd gears you'll need a billet crank, if you make enough torque to not need a billet crank you won't need extreme hd gears. 6 injectors should be enough with a triple pump and rails but if you can do 12 why not lol

· Registered
60 Posts
The issue i hear with the bigger injectors is daily drivability and idle issues. If you drive the car it's shitty according to Jan and Taylor. Visconti setup is like 2500 and going to be what I do if my friend pulls his xenith R's to go 68's—just going to do 1700/1700s and never have an issue down the road fueling-wise. My car is something I drive on the street and drivability is a big thing for me. I also went Motec as well which should help a bit

· Registered
649 Posts
The issue i hear with the bigger injectors is daily drivability and idle issues. If you drive the car it's shitty according to Jan and Taylor. Visconti setup is like 2500 and going to be what I do if my friend pulls his xenith R's to go 68's—just going to do 1700/1700s and never have an issue down the road fueling-wise. My car is something I drive on the street and drivability is a big thing for me. I also went Motec as well which should help a bit
If you're going 12 inj, why such large primaries? I believe on pump with 1700s it'll still idle a little rich. If you knock it down to 1050 or 1300cc I believe you can get the idle closer to lambda, then you could put 2000s on the secondaries under load. Just my $.02

· Registered
133 Posts
I’ve driven on 1300s,1700s,2000s and now I’m on 2600s and it drives fine. Idles around 1k/1100rpms. Doesn’t drive like 1300s or 1700s but its more than adequate for such a big injector. I have a 12 injector manifold that I will be throwing on pretty soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts