Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... so getting the GTR ready for some weekend warrior duty... and ordered a set of Enkei NT03 18 X 10.5 with 30mm Offsett to (attempt to) put on all 4 corners.

However... after attempting the test fit... the wheel wouldn't clear the front caliper... which i figured might happen... but also wouldn't clear the rear caliper?

Any input on what 18" wheel options will clear the brakes? I'd like an economical lightweight wheel (like the Enkei)... as they are barely $300... and 21lbs...

Appreciate your recommendations.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I've got some ideas... to fit some meats from and rear... and both these posts are really helpful!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Be sure to post up your experience with the PF01s if you get them. Really thinking about picking up a set myself since they are so cheap.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We also test fitted a Enkei PF01 18x10.5 +38 wheel on a GT-R with spacers (20mm on the back, 10mm on the front). The rear fits flush to the fender, but the front won't clear the suspension. With a 15mm spacer on the front, it should clear, but the front tire stick out pass the fender when the car is on the lift (should be better when the suspension is compressed down with more aggressive camber). It should be better than PF01 18x10.5 +15 setup which stick out way too much in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Dave S?

I have a set of 18x10.5" CCWs for the front & they fit very well. I'm only running abt -2.1 camber so far with the coilovers set as low as is feasible (eccentrics going in this week to get me to -2.5ish). I've only run 295s so far, but will be trying a 315/335 stagger, but I understand the 315s work fine up front. They will protrude a bit, but they're not bad @ all.

I'll verify the offset & post them up for you, for comparison sake.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Dave S?

I have a set of 18x10.5" CCWs for the front & they fit very well. I'm only running abt -2.1 camber so far with the coilovers set as low as is feasible (eccentrics going in this week to get me to -2.5ish). I've only run 295s so far, but will be trying a 315/335 stagger, but I understand the 315s work fine up front. They will protrude a bit, but they're not bad @ all.

I'll verify the offset & post them up for you, for comparison sake.
CCW's are +25 and +35 offset for the 10.5's and 12's and fit 315's fine(335's fit fine in the back). The issue you need to look out for are the fronts face needs to be so far out that most 3 pieces can't do it. You also need to check on most 18's to make sure they clear the brakes, there is *very* little room with the CCW's but they work well.

I think will switched to a 19' setup which will get you a smidge more room on the front control arm, but you will likley get some rub up top if you don't stiffen the suspension.

Are you going to be in lincoln dave? you are welcome to come check out our setup if you are.

Eric

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
PF01's in the following size fit perfectly

18x10.5 + 15 rear
18x8.5+15 Front

The spoke design on the NT03's is what prevents them from fitting. we have the same problems on EVO's and STI's unless you get the right offset.

Eric

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks guys!

GTB yup.. Dave S!

Eric... much appreciated... Not gonna make Lincoln this year... just having fun with the GTR at this time... nothing competitive.

Chinchi... agree... the 15mmoffset just seem to stick out too much IMO... did the 38mm offset wheel with 15mm spacer fit with oem studs... or did you have to run a lengthened stud to allow for the spacer? 1/2" spacer seems like it'd need longer studs, no?

I had fit 315 Kumho 710's on the front of my Dad's Z06 (on a 9.5")... so wanted to try them on a 10.5 on the GTR... but the offset seems challenging for 'off the shelf' fronts. If I can't run the 10.5 with the spacer and oem studs... I'll probably do the 18X10 22mm offset RP03, or GTC01 for the front... and 10.5 PFO1 on the back.

The original plan was hoping to run the 18.X10.5 Fronts with 38mm offset, and then figuring 18 X 10.5 Rears with 15mm offset.

Thanks, again!
Dave

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks guys!

GTB yup.. Dave S!

Eric... much appreciated... Not gonna make Lincoln this year... just having fun with the GTR at this time... nothing competitive.

Chinchi... agree... the 15mmoffset just seem to stick out too much IMO... did the 38mm offset wheel with 15mm spacer fit with oem studs... or did you have to run a lengthened stud to allow for the spacer? 1/2" spacer seems like it'd need longer studs, no?

I had fit 315 Kumho 710's on the front of my Dad's Z06 (on a 9.5")... so wanted to try them on a 10.5 on the GTR... but the offset seems challenging for 'off the shelf' fronts. If I can't run the 10.5 with the spacer and oem studs... I'll probably do the 18X10 22mm offset RP03, or GTC01 for the front... and 10.5 PFO1 on the back.

The original plan was hoping to run the 18.X10.5 Fronts with 38mm offset, and then figuring 18 X 10.5 Rears with 15mm offset.

Thanks, again!
Dave
We tested the wheel on a GT-R that already have wheel spacer adapters which use OEM wheel studs to lock on the spacer plate and have it's own wheel studs so you have full length studs. However, if you are planning to use straight spacers, then yes, you would need longer studs. If you are changing wheel studs, maybe consider changing them to a 12x1.50 ones so it's less likely to strip the studs. Ideally it would be nice to run a square setup with largest size of tire you can fit for track use, so you can rotate the tires if needed. However, with the GT-R it's has been difficult without modding the front fender. If you are not limited to square setup, then there are many other combinations.

·
Mod
229 Posts
18x10.5 +15 PF01 with 315/35/18 Kumho V710 all around.
rolled fender
dropped 1.5"
2-3 degree more camber

= no rub at track.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chinchi: Can you source those spacer wheel adapters? Anyone else know where to purchase some?

Mpr... I just tried those, and I just don't like the rim sticking out past the fender. So I'm thinking of trying the 38mm offset 18x10.5 same tire sizes you mentioned though.

Latest updates.. rp03 18x10 do not clear brakes either. Looks like gtc01 and pf01 are the only two options from enkei.

Dave

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, finished my umpteenth round of test fitting... and I'm just not happy with how any of the 18 X 10.5" front wheels fit within the fenders. What seems to be the best fit is the 18 X 10 GTC01 22mm Offsett and no spacer. I'll just have to squeeze the 315/18 on those for the front.

I did try PF01 18 X 10.5 with 38mm offset & 15mm Spacers, as well as PF01 18 X 10.5 15mm offset and no spacers. The 38mm with spacers stick out about 1/4" more than the GTC01 wheels, and the 15mm offset stick out about a 1/2" more than the GTC01 wheels.

On the back... I tried both the 38mm and the 15mm 18 X 10.5 PF01's... and I like the 38mm (tucked in a bit) vs. the 15mm which stuck out a bit. The 315's will fit a bit better on the 10.5's in the back as well, and I'm thinking the slightly wider front track should help the car turn.

So... looks like I'm going to try running 315's on all four corners... with the fronts on 18X10's... and a 22mm offset, and the rears on 18 X 10.5's with a 38mm offsett.

Before I send back the H&R 15mm HubCentric spacer/wheel adapters... does anyone want them? I used only to test fit, never mounted or drove on them if so.

Other mods will be Carbotech XP16 or XP20 fronts... and some XP12 or XP16 rears... car should be ready to take on the track!
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Looking at your sig, it would seem you're a pretty accomplished track driver. That said, even though you might be able to make the OEM studs work, there have been reports on this board of the OEM studs breaking under track use. If you're going to be running even fatter tires, that is going to put even more stress on the studs. You might want to swap out for ARP studs. Just a thought.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good Poinr Doc... funny... We did a SE-R race car... and learned that the hard way... guess Nissan hasn't improved their studs since. Is it that involving to remove/replace them?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Good Poinr Doc... funny... We did a SE-R race car... and learned that the hard way... guess Nissan hasn't improved their studs since. Is it that involving to remove/replace them?

Thanks,
Dave
I had mine done at the same time I had the KW coilover sleeve kit installed, so it really just involved removing the hubs, pressing out the old studs and pressing in the new ones. ARP has two studs that will fit the stud holes in the hubs. One is 3" and are the same pitch as OEM. The other is about 2 1/4" (still a bit longer than OEM, which I believe is about 1 1/2") but has 1.5 pitch. I chose the latter because I didn't want the studs sticking out past the end of the lugnuts, but I had to buy 1.5 pitch open ended lugs also. I went with Project Kics R40's. These work great on the OEM rims without the studs sticking out beyond the tip of the lugs. If you are going to be running spacers, however, the 3" ones may be better for you. You'll just need to do the math to see which is better for your application.

Good luck!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry Dave for not getting back to you any sooner. Had things happened which caused me to not able to come to the forum lately. Anyways, looks like you've got pretty much everything sorted out. As Doc mentioned above, I would change the studs. Let me know if I can assist you in the future.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts