Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, Recenly I found interesting info about the new ap racing GTR Big Brake system called Radi-cal. these brake rotors have 410 mm front site and 400 mm rear size. I was wondering if anybode has experience with these complete brake kit. It includes new Calipers , pads and rotors. Price for front and rear about 4500 GBP. I have the 380 mm rotors J hook from AP and they are fine but can not withstand the heavy forces on the track for langer than 30 minuten on Some tracks. Another option Will be an upgrade to the 390 mms from ap racing. They are offered by momentum motor sports in the UK.
If they are as good as promised , only CCM is a better solution.
So, PLEASE if anybody knows respond.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
That looks like a very promising kit. This is the first I have heard of it. 410x36mm is huge! I wonder what the cost will be in the US. Let us know if you get it and how it compares, I am guessing it will be a clear improvement over the OEM system.

I recently installed the Racing Brake system, as I found the OEM Brembo calipers really do have some weaknesses at the track, like pad taper, hot spots, discoloration, awkward changing of pads, etc...
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/108440-racing-brake-system-long-term-test/

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was really considering purchasing these, but since my car is mainly a daily driver, I finally decided not to rush with a BBK, but rather do it step by step and see what suits me best on the way. Here is exactly what i was looking at:
http://www.momentummotorsportshop.com/nissan-gtr-r35-ap-racing-radi-cal-complete-brake-kit/

I think the price tag is pretty reasonable. I talked to shop some time ago and they said that the kit clears the OEM 20" wheels, but I won't be able to use any smaller size wheel than that. It also retains the parking brake and is supplied with "matching AP Racing" brake pads. Further conversations led to the information that the pads are most probably Ferrodo DS2500, but of course, you can use whatever makes you happy. The front rotor and bell assembly is said to weight about 13 kg (28.7 lbs). I don't have any info on the rear.

I wonder if the caliper is really a huge improvement over the stock one. The kit as a whole seems very promising...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
How much were the CCM kits ??

·
Registered
1,654 Posts

·
Hey girl, you got a soccer ball? Thought maybe we
925 Posts
I know a guy that tried the big brake kit and said they were garbage. Their regular stuff, OEM replacement, is better for track use.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well on paper this kit looks very promising. 410mm x 36mm thick F discs and 400mm x 32mm thick R discs at a very good price that includes pads as well. Comparing this kit with the RB offering, it's about 10K cheaper!

I'm looking for better calipers than OEM Brembo. I've had so many issues with the brake system on my car that I've replaced virtually everything in order to get a better performance, except for the calipers. And AP Racing knows a thing or two about brakes

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
The "new" radi-cal competition caliper isn't a mono block, but there is something coming SOON.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
warren

Can you PLEASE comment on the CCM Surface Transform brake system and send a link for price.

I can line up a group willing to buy.

All of these brake discussions brings me back full circle to a system to cool the rotors and calipers.

·
El Diablo
682 Posts
Ive been eying the brembo racing system kit, but pricing has been hard to pinpoint. This system ir the RB might be better choices.

·
105 Posts
warren

Can you PLEASE comment on the CCM Surface Transform brake system and send a link for price.

I can line up a group willing to buy.

All of these brake discussions brings me back full circle to a system to cool the rotors and calipers.
We are having issues in getting ST updated on their disc supply status. Due to this uncertainty, in the last few weeks we have created a new rotor kit using ZR1 discs for OE calipers with a 100% bolt on installation w/o modification. i.e. no trimming calipers, no dust shield cutting as you normally know.

This kit requires CCM discs machining which requires some special tooling and machine set up which are being equipped

As to cooling since OE upright inherently limits ducting for cooling, so unless it's re-designed no effective air cooling can be achieved. In other forum we have present a spindle replacement which will serve not only to improve the rigidity of your front end (brake caliper), but will also allow effective ducting for brake cooling, and wider tires etc. Things that serious track racers are eagerly looking for.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.