Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have all the equipment and ready to start upgrading my OEM Bose sound system, but I need someone expert knows about how the OEM Bose system works.

Mine is 2009, I am planning to totally remove the 2 Bose amps (under the seat and in the amps compartment) and use a sound processor to replace what the Bose is doing, I understand that there is only 4 signals coming from the head unit to the Bose amp and then its synthesised to get all those 11 speakers to work, so theoretically, a sound processor will do what the Bose amps doing.

My list:

-JBL MS 8 Sound Processor​
-JBL MS-A1004 x 2​
-JBL MS-A5001​
-Hertz ML 70 Center​
-Hertz 3 way HSK 165 Doors (tweeter and mid ranges fabricated in the A pillar) and will be using the Hertz x-over​
-Hertz HCX 6x9 Side Rears in custom fabricated location​
-Herts HCX 86 Rear Shelf (parallel with the 6x9)​
-Hertz E200.5 Subs x 2 (parellel)​
-CAD Designed adapters and 3D printed using ABS plastic​
-Subs Box will be made using MDF (like many people already did) in stock location​
-Each amp and the processor will be installed with the specified fuse as in manual​
-Speakers, Subs, earth and power wiring each will have a specific wire gauge and all are oxygen free to get the best result (hopefully)​

Now my questions are:

-Is it possible to take the 4 signals from the head unit directly to the processor? so I can totally remove the OEM Bose amp.
-Or I have to stick with the Bose amp and from there connect the wiring outputs from the OEM amp to the processor?

The reason I am asking cause I heard a lot of installers a while a go saying that if I remove the OEM Bose amp there will be no sound coming from the head unit at all, and I have to keep the OEM Bose amp to have fully functional and controllable sound system!!

Attached some work shop manual showing the wires I can use from the head unit and another one from the OEM Bose amp along with a diagram of the my plan.

Thanks all in advance

Fahad

Attachments

·
Hey girl, you got a soccer ball? Thought maybe we
925 Posts
I bought Andy's kit as well and it's good. Took some time fine tuning to my liking but now sounds awesome.

Sent from my SM-G920V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
768 Posts
+1 for Andy's kit

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought Andy's kit as well and it's good. Took some time fine tuning to my liking but now sounds awesome.

Sent from my SM-G920V using GT-R Life mobile app
Guys,

I was asking how to connect?

I already contacted Andy, great guy and very helpful, he stopped doing the duel sub setup and I was not convinced with the Bit Ten, I was thinking of the Alpine H800 or the JBL MS8, I went with the MS8 cause it have the auto tuning functionality to ease the setup process.

Regards

Fahad

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Pretty sure that in 2009-2014, you could tap before the amp and then in 2015+, after the amp. Take a signal pair and use a multi meter to confirm.

MS8 is still a good processor, but has been eclipsed by Audison and Mosconi.

You are putting a lot of speakers in that car. System seems over-complicated. Are you using stock speaker locations up front?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty sure that in 2009-2014, you could tap before the amp and then in 2015+, after the amp. Take a signal pair and use a multi meter to confirm.

MS8 is still a good processor, but has been eclipsed by Audison and Mosconi.

You are putting a lot of speakers in that car. System seems over-complicated. Are you using stock speaker locations up front?
So in my case (2009) I can remove the Bose OEM amp from the car (permanently)????

Regarding the front speakers location, mid bass will be stock location, tweeters and midranges will be installed on a fabricated pods on the A pillar facing the drivers position.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
So in my case (2009) I can remove the Bose OEM amp from the car (permanently)????

Regarding the front speakers location, mid bass will be stock location, tweeters and midranges will be installed on a fabricated pods on the A pillar facing the drivers position.

Thanks
Your design sounds like a mess to be frank. You are proposing on axis mounting of drivers in a car that doesn't lend itself to that configuration and incorporating a center channel. You are going through all the custom work, but utilizing middle of the road drivers. People buy those Hertz drivers because they fit stock locations, not because they are all that great.

If you haven't already purchased that equipment, step back and replan your system. A pillars are great for a small mid and tweeter, but off axis mounting and drop the center channel.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your design sounds like a mess to be frank. You are proposing on axis mounting of drivers in a car that doesn't lend itself to that configuration and incorporating a center channel. You are going through all the custom work, but utilizing middle of the road drivers. People buy those Hertz drivers because they fit stock locations, not because they are all that great.

If you haven't already purchased that equipment, step back and replan your system. A pillars are great for a small mid and tweeter, but off axis mounting and drop the center channel.
Thanks a lot, but I already have the parts, just want to know if I can remove the OEM Bose amp permanently?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
15 and later are tapped after the amp using high level outputs. Previous models can use the pre amp inputs

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like the hard way like you did farhad and it's cool to fiddle around. Sure you can remove both Amps on the 2009. There are multiple threads doing it. I left the front amp cause didn't want to put the more effort in. Good luck

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the hard way like you did farhad and it's cool to fiddle around. Sure you can remove both Amps on the 2009. There are multiple threads doing it. I left the front amp cause didn't want to put the more effort in. Good luck
Thanks a lot for your reply

I just received an email from one of the US installers confirming that the head unit works fine with the Bit Ten/One, so hopefully it will work with the MS8 processor

Thanks again

Fahad

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just some updates, I received my prototype speakers adapters that I designed on AutoCAD and I am trying to design the subs box, the speakers and tweeters fits perfectly in all the prototype adapters, below some photos

Attachments

·
Will trade patents for car parts
508 Posts
Yes, they are printed as a test to fitment using ABS plastic, its exactly like the material of the (A) pillar it self to, hold up with the heat in summer
As 3D printing becomes more and more accessible to the masses (and with the ability to print different materials), it's really going to change everything for the home mod people. I have wanted to get one myself, just no time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts