Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Hey guys

Tonight I was working with a 2009 GTR that has EcuTek's RaceRom on it.

For those of you who don't know EcuTek is a UK company that makes tuning software for the R35.

There's no hand held, just direct flash.

Anyways this stuff is pretty cool.

Basically once the car is in "Launch Mode" your able to:

-adjust what RPM the motor is held at
-adjust timing
-adjust fueling

So instead of the car reving in complete vacuum I'm able to open the throttle body and make a little boost.

This totally gives anyone the power to destroy a stock tranny in matter of seconds - but you totally have something to gain if used correctly

Tonight it was raining so I wasn't able to Launch the car but its awesome progress on EcuTek's part.

Once the weather clears up I'll post up a better video...

oh don't mind the driver he was a little dyslexic lol

-John

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
i predict more 'box failures than 2008

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
wow cool stuff!

can you film the boost gauge with lets say 3k rpms and 5psi? or maybe 2500rpms and 5psi?

i think with the throttle open and lower rpms you could get the 0-60 in the low 2s with good tires.. that would be a game changer..

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
nice work John. had a look at the ecutek software last week good stuff.

AccessPORT owners need not worry too much, the same adjustable throttle tables, 2 step boost etc.. has been in the alpha tester software for a little while now. should be rolled out with a firmware update in near future.

Drag times will be interesting next year/ when weather improves. for sure lots of broken clutch baskets, oem gears and worn frictions lol

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
nice work John. had a look at the ecutek software last week good stuff.

AccessPORT owners need not worry too much, the same adjustable throttle tables, 2 step boost etc.. has been in the alpha tester software for a little while now. should be rolled out with a firmware update in near future.

Drag times will be interesting next year/ when weather improves. for sure lots of broken clutch baskets, oem gears and worn frictions lol
I agree Ben..lol carnage to follow if some dare to push enough boost off the line !!

·
Registered
346 Posts
That's cool, can't wait for Cobb to release this feature.

I've had EcuTek on my Subaru, and never again. Nothing beats being completely locked out of your ECU and not being able to monitor useful things. Also DeltaDash (Their logging unit) doesn't support CANBUS cars last I checked.

Cobb FTMFW.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I agree Ben..lol carnage to follow if some dare to push enough boost off the line !!
lol! Agreed... But if this stuff is all true - those cars nipping at 9.0xx will definitely get into the 8's.

I, personally, won't do that until my trans is built (which I won't do until my powertrain warranty expires).

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I agree with that , love the Cobb APs. Also love the realtime tuning on both GTR and subies

EcuTek does have a cable for the customer to log and update maps. A long time ago it was very expensive- I'm happy things have finally changed

(null)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey guys

Tonight I was working with a 2009 GTR that has EcuTek's RaceRom on it.

For those of you who don't know EcuTek is a UK company that makes tuning software for the R35.

There's no hand held, just direct flash.

Anyways this stuff is pretty cool.

Basically once the car is in "Launch Mode" your able to:

-adjust what RPM the motor is held at
-adjust timing
-adjust fueling

So instead of the car reving in complete vacuum I'm able to open the throttle body and make a little boost.

This totally gives anyone the power to destroy a stock tranny in matter of seconds - but you totally have something to gain if used correctly

Tonight it was raining so I wasn't able to Launch the car but its awesome progress on EcuTek's part.

Once the weather clears up I'll post up a better video...

oh don't mind the driver he was a little dyslexic lol

-John
Is this possible on a 2011 GTR?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.