Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought someone posted on this sometime back. Anyway, I had my car at the dealer for some work and discovered there was no jack. So I asked the dealership to look into it and get back to me. Well they finally got back to me and I was told that since the car comes with runflats no jack is provided. I hesitate to believe that. Would someone respond, and if one is provided I would surely appreciate a part number. The dealership said there is no part number in the system. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

· Registered
1,933 Posts
Yep, no jack included (although the cutout IS included in passenger floorboard), but they are more than happy to sell you the bling jack at a premium, as TJ stated.

· gta88ws6
834 Posts
370z Jack and chrome dip or powder coat it a bad ass color. Way cheaper.

Hell have a metal fab place hydro cut a cool gtr logo. Tack weld it on, then cut it or PC it, have it TiN coated. Something cool.

Any of the above is cheaper than the GTR jack.

· Registered
298 Posts
370z Jack and chrome dip or powder coat it a bad ass color. Way cheaper.

Hell have a metal fab place hydro cut a cool gtr logo. Tack weld it on, then cut it or PC it, have it TiN coated. Something cool.

Any of the above is cheaper than the GTR jack.
Someone from our group should set this up. I expect most of us don't have jacks so a good market potential here. A nice Nismo red jack with GTR logo perhaps? I'm in for a reasonable price.

· Registered
298 Posts
Why do you want a jack? You don't have a spare tire to make use of the jack.
Those without or with run flats who wish to do road side tire repairs who may carry compressors and plug kits, a jack can help improve access to tire to find hole and repair and plug.

(For the pros and cons of roadside tire repair search this forum.)

· Lake Bum
2,720 Posts
Those without or with run flats who wish to do road side tire repairs who may carry compressors and plug kits, a jack can help improve access to tire to find hole and repair and plug.

(For the pros and cons of roadside tire repair search this forum.)
I have a plug kit and compressor in my car.

If have a flat I'm going to roll the car forward to a point where I can see the nail or screw and then I'm doing the repair without a jack.

· Registered
298 Posts
I have a plug kit and compressor in my car.

If have a flat I'm going to roll the car forward to a point where I can see the nail or screw and then I'm doing the repair without a jack.
Yes that can work. Though locating the puncture and repairing it may be easier with the tire jacked up.

· gta88ws6
834 Posts
Hell just carry a small airbag and pump. Way easier and lots less effort involved

· Lake Bum
2,720 Posts
Yes that can work. Though locating the puncture and repairing it may be easier with the tire jacked up.
Maybe. With the tire off the ground you can't always turn it to find the problem. Rear can't be turned at all. Front can be turned about 1/4 rotation each way.

Also no way in hell I recommend laying under a car that's on a scissor jack. Especially when the base is on an uneven surface like the side of a road or parking lot. If you are dead set on a jack then remove the lugs, pull the wheel off and repair the tire.

· Registered
298 Posts
Maybe. With the tire off the ground you can't always turn it to find the problem. Rear can't be turned at all. Front can be turned about 1/4 rotation each way.

Also no way in hell I recommend laying under a car that's on a scissor jack. Especially when the base is on an uneven surface like the side of a road or parking lot. If you are dead set on a jack then remove the lugs, pull the wheel off and repair the tire.
Yes that's what one should do lie under a car only supported by a scissor jack??!?? We get your point. Don't get a jack for your GTR. It will kill you.

I see reasons a jack can be useful. You don't.

· Registered
6,769 Posts
I thought someone posted on this sometime back. Anyway, I had my car at the dealer for some work and discovered there was no jack. So I asked the dealership to look into it and get back to me. Well they finally got back to me and I was told that since the car comes with runflats no jack is provided. I hesitate to believe that. Would someone respond, and if one is provided I would surely appreciate a part number. The dealership said there is no part number in the system. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.
Look in the floor of the front passenger seat, lift the door and find-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-NISSAN-GTR-R35-AWD-OEM-SPARE-ROAD-SIDE-EMERGENCY-JACK-TOOL-KIT-VR38-1001-/290938427243
Foam case for jack (sold separately) and lug nut tool with tow hook.

You can order the GTR jack like this-
http://www.thenismoshop.com/Nissan-Factory-OEM-Chrome-Jack-with-GT-R-Logo--GT-R-R35_p_981.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.