750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mixed feelings about this haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
785 Posts
Looks like ALOT of fun
What are GTR's for again? NOT having fun anytime?

"Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime Supercar"...that was how Nissan DESIGNED this GTR to BE. It's ok if some don't like that, I suppose. Their loss.

Cool if you want to only drive in sunny weather...some won't drive in snow; some won't even drive in RAIN for gosh sakes...
step by step closer to just SHRINK WRAPPING your car for Posterity LOL.
I drove my 2009 from new all year round including Wisconsin winters, and ALWAYS, ALWAYS had a blast! 4 Blizzaks for winter...my car was a "Winter Package" car as Nissan called it, guess why? FOR WINTER!!!
You don't have to DO it I guess, but to snipe at a guy for it? Wow, take a Softening Agent!

ps I traded my 2009 GTR I got in 12/2008 in on my new 2015 GTR, got $50,500 for the old one with 75,000 miles...and I admit, I am not driving the 15 thru winters...because I plan to keep it LONGER
but go go winter drivers!

pps I have 4 used 20" Blizzaks for sale Milwaukee WI area

·
Registered
813 Posts
Since it isn't my car, I can say that is awesome. No way in hell I would even think about that

·
stemal
251 Posts
Looks like ALOT of fun
What are GTR's for again? NOT having fun anytime?

"Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime Supercar"...that was how Nissan DESIGNED this GTR to BE. It's ok if some don't like that, I suppose. Their loss.

Cool if you want to only drive in sunny weather...some won't drive in snow; some won't even drive in RAIN for gosh sakes...
step by step closer to just SHRINK WRAPPING your car for Posterity LOL.
I drove my 2009 from new all year round including Wisconsin winters, and ALWAYS, ALWAYS had a blast! 4 Blizzaks for winter...my car was a "Winter Package" car as Nissan called it, guess why? FOR WINTER!!!
You don't have to DO it I guess, but to snipe at a guy for it? Wow, take a Softening Agent!

ps I traded my 2009 GTR I got in 12/2008 in on my new 2015 GTR, got $50,500 for the old one with 75,000 miles...and I admit, I am not driving the 15 thru winters...because I plan to keep it LONGER
but go go winter drivers!
You are 100% right but I still wont drive mine here in the winter, they put so much salt and abrasive here in Quebec it's not even funny, dam it looks like fun tho!!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
would be interesting to see some acceleration data on Blizzaks in actual snow, just for fun

·
Registered
320 Posts
You can probably get amazing pictures during the day while drifting and having the snow flying everywhere, and shooting flames

·
Registered
117 Posts
When it comes time to sell:
Weekend driver
Driven by mature adult
Mint condition
Garaged during winter
9.5/10

·
Registered
461 Posts
Anyone notice the window sticker? Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
You can't do that to GTR without damaging front diff, fwd driveshaft or rear PTU. Trust me, I've gone through 2 front diffs and 1 front driveshaft in winter with completely stock car. Now I completely do not drive GTR in winter, since you can't slide that car for a long time. The video looks fun, but it will cost $$$. Wanna do that kind of stuff - buy evo or subie.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Didn't Nissan put out a promo video a few years back of all snow driving?

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Didn't Nissan put out a promo video a few years back of all snow driving?
Yes
Pretty impressive in the video too. Compared Murano and others.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
You can't do that to GTR without damaging front diff, fwd driveshaft or rear PTU. Trust me, I've gone through 2 front diffs and 1 front driveshaft in winter with completely stock car. Now I completely do not drive GTR in winter, since you can't slide that car for a long time. The video looks fun, but it will cost $$$. Wanna do that kind of stuff - buy evo or subie.
Hmmm that is good to know.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts